Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Engine light on

Old 08-07-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine light on

It is probably the bad cylinder head that everyone is talking about. I have 40K miles on it. Does the bad cylinder head cover under the drive train 100K warranty? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by mojoe
It is probably the bad cylinder head that everyone is talking about. I have 40K miles on it. Does the bad cylinder head cover under the drive train 100K warranty? Thanks.
Don't jump to conclusions. Run a DTC readout ...

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Jeep JK Wrangler Diagnostic Trouble Codes DTC How to Check Them

I had one about 90K miles ago and it turned out to be the EGR sensor. As far as everyone having a bad whatever, I have 124K miles and opver six years on my Jeep, including lots and tons of off-road, much of it quite technical, and I've never seen experienced the vast majority of the things that "everyone" else has. I have had my share of broken parts, most of it because it simply wore out, especially with the abuse I put my Jeep through. But, I wouldn't give a plug nickle for troubleshooting based on what problems everyone else is having--at least not until my own analysis suggested it was my own problem as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

So just got a call saying that it is the cylinder head that needed to be replace. Should be ready by Wed. Oh and yes it is cover under the 100K Drivetrain warranty.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mojoe
So just got a call saying that it is the cylinder head that needed to be replace. Should be ready by Wed. Oh and yes it is cover under the 100K Drivetrain warranty.
Sorry it was your cylinder head. I had the same worry when my light came on but fortunately I just had a defective gas cap & the dealer put on a new one.

Quick Reply: Engine light on