Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Factory ordering Jeep. Questions

Old 03-30-2016, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the AC otherwise you'll have no friends (or love interests) willing to ride with you in the summertime.

Other than that... Looks good!

I like the SiriusXM as well. Am a heated seat fan. Love the new Alpine sound system. And love all the gear the Rubicon brings.

But for a "give me the basics" build, yours looks great.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by twise
What on earth did you need customer service from Sirius for? Just curious. That color is awesome. It will be worth the wait.
Had to talk to customer support about transferring service from a previous vehicle to the jeep. After more than a dozen phone calls attempting to get that arranged then corrected when they screwed it up I cancelled the service.
Old 03-31-2016, 01:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Please get AC. When it's 90°, driving really fast with the top down...it feels like 95°
Old 03-31-2016, 03:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cutman
Please get AC. When it's 90°, driving really fast with the top down...it feels like 95°
Not that you will ever sell it, but just in case No AC will probably be a deal breaker for most at the time of re-sale
Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
Had to talk to customer support about transferring service from a previous vehicle to the jeep. After more than a dozen phone calls attempting to get that arranged then corrected when they screwed it up I cancelled the service.
I had a similar experience with Sirius. Some reps are really incompetent. Reach a good one and the transaction is smooth. Reach a bad one and you lose all confidence in their ability to help.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A/C

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Not that you will ever sell it, but just in case No AC will probably be a deal breaker for most at the time of re-sale
I know when I built my Jeep A/C was an extra $895 but honestly it should be illegal south of Pennsylvania to sell any new vehicle without it. Also I can't believe they still offer head units without a CD or Aux jack I mean its 2016 not 1995 the 130 unit should be the standard base unit.

Please get the A/C your friends will thank you later for it.

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 03-31-2016 at 04:11 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Are you planning on doing any lift/bigger tires? If so, does it make sense to upgrade to the 3.73 or would it be better to go with aftermarket gears later?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WHT_JKUR
Are you planning on doing any lift/bigger tires? If so, does it make sense to upgrade to the 3.73 or would it be better to go with aftermarket gears later?
With the 3.73, it allows you gear deeper without changing carriers if your staying with Opens. I have 3.73 with the LSD, and it is absolutely an improvement over just the brake lock differential traction control. I am changing the front to a ProRock with Eaton E-Locker and re-gearing the LSD rear to 4.88 to match the front. Until the rear LSD wears out, I'll let it live back there with the Ten Factory shafts and 4.88 gears.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larry0071
With the 3.73, it allows you gear deeper without changing carriers if your staying with Opens. I have 3.73 with the LSD, and it is absolutely an improvement over just the brake lock differential traction control. I am changing the front to a ProRock with Eaton E-Locker and re-gearing the LSD rear to 4.88 to match the front. Until the rear LSD wears out, I'll let it live back there with the Ten Factory shafts and 4.88 gears.
Good call. Forgot that if you got 3.21s you needed to change carriers. Had to do that on an old YJ
Old 03-31-2016, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it will definitely have a/c, it just doesn't actually show up on the basic list. It's part of the standard package and has to be deleted, not added. Thanks for the heads up though!

Quick Reply: Factory ordering Jeep. Questions