Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Factory ordering Jeep. Questions

Old 04-04-2016, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default well thats better than some dealers

in NH they just dont budge , and they really dont care if they make the sale ive found in the past. mostly jeep . On other vehicles never a issue i think its whats in supply & demand that accounts for this attitude . Congrats , id grab it . unless you think you could take that price elsewhere and say beat this offer . some times thats not worth the hassle but now you know the price that you can get it for. if your trading in they just work that figure more or less given for trade
and so some people think they got money off and really they got less of a trade in value .

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-04-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I took it. No trade in. I took off the LSD from the build sheet but everything else is the same. Too bad you can't really monitor the build like you used to. They just said they would call when it was in process.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:59 PM
JK Junkie

Default i ordered my 2012

in october of 2011 got it end of november the 29th . and they claimed you could see the status all through the assembly lines . i tried and tried and never got any updates. I called jeep they gave me a line of crap each time . one day a guy on the forum took my vin number and gave me a print out of all the dates and each step it went through and the delivery date expected freight truck, etc . only problem was it was a few days before i picked it up.
Jeep told me nothing the whole period for 6 weeks, it took one guy on the forum 10 min of his time . Obviously jeep customer service was useless in contacting for that info.

was totally discusted with that end of it , id have been better off having them not told me id be kept abreast of the build rather than the agrivation of trying to get the info. Of course it rained the day of delivery and the jeep was wet and no real way of inspecting it but nothing was wrong with it anyway . But shortly after i was bringing it back with typical issues
. It had its share of problems but all is well now knock on wood. Hope you get one that has no issues it makes life so much better, who wants to shell out 30,000 and start dealing with problems ? i never wanted to do mods due to the fact it would void warranty and who wants to take the chance. i never lifted mine and no regret really on that. But i was always wondering if i did they prob would have flagged it. overall im happy with mine after 4 years of owning it. there truly isnt another vehicle id rather have bought during the time ive owned it even with stuff that went wrong like syncro in tranny . Never a day i
dont look back when going into a store or in my drive way, just love the looks of them.
And the more you add to it the more you love it. i wish they wernt subject to rust underneath thats my biggest pet peeve . from the day you get it ~ on you become a slave to trying to control it , unless your fortunate to live in a dry state with no road salt .

what color did you go with? Mines nothing special but to me it is lol im sure youl end up the same after waiting for it long enough
Your profile shows you own a 2013 thats sweet enough are you keeping that ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3222 (2).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	642793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3217 (2).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	642794  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-04-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
in october of 2011 got it end of november the 29th . and they claimed you could see the status all through the assembly lines . i tried and tried and never got any updates. I called jeep they gave me a line of crap each time . one day a guy on the forum took my vin number and gave me a print out of all the dates and each step it went through and the delivery date expected freight truck, etc . only problem was it was a few days before i picked it up.
Jeep told me nothing the whole period for 6 weeks, it took one guy on the forum 10 min of his time . Obviously jeep customer service was useless in contacting for that info.

was totally discusted with that end of it , id have been better off having them not told me id be kept abreast of the build rather than the agrivation of trying to get the info. Of course it rained the day of delivery and the jeep was wet and no real way of inspecting it but nothing was wrong with it anyway . But shortly after i was bringing it back with typical issues
. It had its share of problems but all is well now knock on wood. Hope you get one that has no issues it makes life so much better, who wants to shell out 30,000 and start dealing with problems ? i never wanted to do mods due to the fact it would void warranty and who wants to take the chance. i never lifted mine and no regret really on that. But i was always wondering if i did they prob would have flagged it. overall im happy with mine after 4 years of owning it. there truly isnt another vehicle id rather have bought during the time ive owned it even with stuff that went wrong like syncro in tranny . Never a day i
dont look back when going into a store or in my drive way, just love the looks of them.
And the more you add to it the more you love it. i wish they wernt subject to rust underneath thats my biggest pet peeve . from the day you get it ~ on you become a slave to trying to control it , unless your fortunate to live in a dry state with no road salt .

what color did you go with? Mines nothing special but to me it is lol im sure youl end up the same after waiting for it long enough
Your profile shows you own a 2013 thats sweet enough are you keeping that ?
Hey thanks for the info on the build time. I'm not too concerned about the wait. It will give me more time to order parts. Do you remember who helped you out with the build info? I ended up having to sell my 13 so I don't have one right now. This one is Mojave Sand. I live in GA and am moving to Hawaii in the next few months so hopefully rust isn't a huge issue.
Old 04-06-2016, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Default looking through papers could not find

any info on who it was that tracked it for me . its been 4 years now , sorry

i was on a ordering jeep thread when someone replied to my post .
Id never order again next time ill just locate one . i think you do better on price and no wait time . Unless of course they just didnt have what i was interested in . Like i said i ordered mine stripped pretty much & those are not easy to find. i could have found one with bells and whistles prob for same price i paid for my ordered one though. If i had searched longer .

Good color choice u made !

Name:	custom-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-mojave-sand-on-37s.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	189.1 KB
ID:	642949  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 04-06-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MSmitty
Well.. Not as good as I wanted but 29k out the door. Not too bad?
jealous, I ended up picking up pretty much the exact model but in black a few weeks ago and could only get down to 31.5 out the door. Orginally asking 33+ and this was the only dealer in the area that would even entertain anything below 32, was not factory ordered either.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Jeep entered paint stage a few days ago so a few more weeks and it should be here! All the parts are starting to crowd out the garage.

Name:	ForumRunner_20160511_201022.png
Views:	66
Size:	557.0 KB
ID:	646745   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160511_201038.png
Views:	54
Size:	469.9 KB
ID:	646746   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20160511_201053.png
Views:	55
Size:	608.2 KB
ID:	646747  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV 2.5 lift, Kelly tires 315/70r17, front/rear bumpers, winch, rails...

Name:	ForumRunner_20160511_201422.png
Views:	64
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	646748  
Old 05-11-2016, 04:50 PM
JK Newbie

Nice choices on parts especially the lift. Tired of reading about how crummy people's rigs ride on there 500 dollar lift kits!

Zimmy5280
Old 05-11-2016, 06:14 PM
JK Junkie

dig those wheels love the color match / is there a down side to steel wheels ? just wondering mine are similar mb72 i think but alum. i believe. Cant wait to see it with those wheels on it , should look awesome . hell of a nice stack of goodies for the jeep before it even arrived

Name:	IMG_3496 (2).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	646774  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 05-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Factory ordering Jeep. Questions