Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finally!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!!!!!

Well I have owned my jk for a little over a yr. first thing I did was take off stupid Sahara decals. Then lift 2.5bb (rough country and rubi shocks)

Tried all last summer to get the doors off. Never had any luck. So today as I am on vacation I was determined to make it happen. So against my better judgement( and my wife's) I got out the old floor jack and a few 2x4s and a towel or two. Took about 2 hrs to work the free without breaking anything but
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2747559531.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	463052  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once you've done it a few times, goes much faster. I'd like to go door less more, but my wife isn't too crazy about no doors.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol mine was either twin we went for a ride, she says no highway so I guess we long the long way everywhere we go now
Old 06-01-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

It took me a few hours to break my JK doors lose too on my 4 door. I made a youtube video of it during the process when I thought hey this might make a good video. I ended up using our floor jack as well cause no matter how much hell I gave it, all I was doing was rocking the hell out of the jeep. Doors wouldn't budge. I was like you though, determined as hell once I decided that's it, they're coming off no matter what.

I put Anti Seize on them now before dropping them back into the mounts. Just wipe off any extra. It makes taking them off super easy.

My girl doesn't care for having the wind blow her hair all over her face and in her eyes. She hates it. I suggested maybe wearing a bandana or a baseball cap and she usually goes with the hat and it helps tremendously. So I don't think she thinks it's as bad with a hat to hold her hair back away from her face. I've not asked her if it still bothers her any, I just assumed it doesn't. I'll ask her later when she gets home from work though and if she says anything different I'll let you know.

By the way, she mentioned when she goes to get her a new vehicle, when we do, she's considering getting her own Jeep. She's already picked out a name for it and the color.

Last edited by D3ADLY; 06-01-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Make sure to lube the hinges real good before you put the doors back, so next time is much easier.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol yeah I use white lithium grease not sure. That was the right choice though tries to get then off today and its a mo good without the jack still I can at least move them a bit but not all the way

Question looks like the bushings may be shot any ideas on replacements?

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!!!