Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finally paid for, let the issues begin

Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally paid for, let the issues begin

With plans of purchasing a new home sometime soon I decided to pay off the remaining 16mths on my jeep. Days later it begins....
A horrible rattle when accelerating (possibly) a heat shield I hope. Then I blew the teraflex steering stabilizer and my power steering pump feels like it may be going. Now I'm getting EGR code which returns shortly after clearing the code, so that needs to be changed. Plus a PSC bumper that needs to be painted and installed along with my new winch. Good thing spring is finally here!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

congrats on pay off. i need 6 more years.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Congrats on the payoff...Timing with troubles suck... Get it looked into and fix...Good luck bud...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

No help, but having paid off my 09' Rubi Unlimited with lifetime powertrain AND lifetime maxcare warranty I am feeling pretty good. Don't see much reason I should need to purchase another vehicle till I can give this one to my son in 16 years. And then insanely enough it will STILL be under warranty. Will be curious to see how this actually plays out.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

All small and easy fixable issues.. However CONGRATS! On the pay off.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure lifetime warranty does not mean forever...
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskey Bravo
I'm pretty sure lifetime warranty does not mean forever...
I forget the exact wording but the contract says if the repair bill exceeds the market value of the Jeep then the warranty is cancelled.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your payoff and your new upcomming home purchase. Can't wait for mine to be done...
Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
I forget the exact wording but the contract says if the repair bill exceeds the market value of the Jeep then the warranty is cancelled.
The warranty states exactly that. On the other hand, Wranglers hold their value something crazy. My Dad has my old Wrangler, closing in on 17 years old, and the thing is still almost worth $4k despite being a stipped SE. That is a HELL of a repair bill. Since the real expensive stuff (powertrain) is covered for my life, I don't foresee any repair bill in the next 20 years that would exceed market value.

Honestly, I think they made a mistake offering the combo that is going to cost them a LOT (for the rare customer that buys a new vehicle and is driving it 20 years later) in the long term. Probably why these warranties are no longer available. Still works for me though.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Congrats on payoff. Whiskey Bravo lifetime does not mean forever, it's for your lifetime and your lifetime only.

Quick Reply: Finally paid for, let the issues begin