Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finnally Gettn' Mine !!!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finnally Gettn' Mine !!!!!

Tuesday!!! That's when I pick her up.

She arrived at Pusan S.Korea last week some time and was shipped to Inchon to wait to clear customs. As far as I know I'll be driving the first 08' Unlimited Rubicon (non-diesel) in Korea....sweet.
Can hardly wait until Tuesday. I ordered my Jeep back in June and it arrived at port in San Diego in Aug.. There it sat for almost 2 months waiting to ship. Turns out, the reason it sat there so long was it had a balance due on it ($211.50). My Car sale rep screwed up on the pay-off amount....man was I pissed!!! Then she was cleared to ship and....The wildfires hit Socal. and they told my shipment would be delayed from 2-4 weeks...geeezzz, what else??
N-e-way, All that is in the past now. I'll be driven' her next week!!! Already have a few mods lined up for install....they got here two months ago and have been sittin in boxes on my balcony.

Well, I'll get some good pics of my new JK in Korea soon and post them.

Till then..Tony
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Freak

Cool Man....Welcome to the brotherhood of Jeeps!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Completly Pissed Off !!!!!

Well, I thought I was picking it up last week....My salesman called my up and told me to "come and get her". So, of course, I raced over there to finally see my new Jeep after waiting over 6 months. What I saw was my jeep..she was beautiful!! all black, shinny and new. All was good..... He hands me a key. A normal looking key, no FOB. I didn't think much of it, I just figured it was in the glove box or somewhere. I used that key to unlock the drivers side door and looked inside. He was standing outside the passenger side door and signaled me to unlock that side. So I start looking for the auto door unlock button. While looking for that I looked at the inside of the door and saw a WINDOW CRANK HANDLE!!!!!! I took the key out, slammed the door and told him " This ain't my F'n Jeep". What part of "FULLY LOADED" did they not understand???????

So, I finally calmed down and we started to try to figure out what the hell happened. They couldn't find the problem. All my paperwork including the buyers agreement, the order sheet, the build sheet...even the Friggn' Window Sticker from the factory said it had the "Power Convenience Group"..but it didn't!!

They tried to through some money at me to drive off in that one (the cost of that group+$2000). I told them to shove it up thier ass!!! They insisted in trying to keep me happy, mostly because they have a "satisfaction guarantee/money back" policy and they damn sure didn't want to write my a check for $33,000. So, the next day I called them and said that the thing that really pisses my off the most is, Iv made 4 payments on this Jeep already and I'm tired of making payments on a Jeep I don't have. I suggested THEY make the payments on it for every month MY Jeep isnt here............I'm expecting my Jeep in March 2008.

Sorry its so long....I just had to get it all out

Tony

Last edited by Cappi's JKR; 11-27-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 AM
JK Super Freak

OMG what a story! That must have totally sucked. I wonder what they will do with it now?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Man that absolutely Sucks!!

Originally Posted by Cappi's JKR
As far as I know I'll be driving the first 08' Unlimited Rubicon (non-diesel) in Korea....sweet.

Man, that is the absolute crappiest story I have ever heard. Unfortunatly I have to burst your bubble. I am driving a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon, Red Rock Crystal, in Daegu. I am down at Camp Walker.

I picked mine up back in MAR 07 (ordered in SEP 06) and had the only 2007/08 Rubicon on the entire penisula until about 2 months ago. A CW2 in Yongsan has a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon, Rescue Green. I have seen it 2 times now.

Anyway, I have been to Osan 4 or 5 times with my Jeep. I should ETS in JUN 08, but if you get yours before then I think it would be cool to hook up and get ahold of the CW2 in Yongsan and get some pics. That would make a great pin on this website.

I sort of had a crappy deal with the Aafes Cars Sales guys too. Nothing at all compared to what you got. I really think yours sounds like a factory screw-up or someone did the bait and switch stateside before Aafes sent yours over.

My problem was I ordered and they dicked around for 2 months before sending the order in to the factory. My delivery date got bumped from January 2007 to nearly MAR.

All I can say is I hope yours gets expedited. It is so much fun to drive here. I would keep your top up during the Yellow Dust Season though. You would not believe the crap in my Jeep when I forgot to put the top up last spring.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eodguy789
Man, that is the absolute crappiest story I have ever heard. Unfortunatly I have to burst your bubble. I am driving a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon, Red Rock Crystal, in Daegu. I am down at Camp Walker.
he said '08
Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

That is the saddest story I have heard on this forum. I can only hope that they screw up on your next order and somehow accidentally put a hemi in it. You deserve it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I can think of very few things that would be more painful than that. I will say though, you are a stronger man than me. I would have said F- it and just taken the jeep and the money they offered. I course I would have been pissed at myself for caving. Well, hopefully it shows up when they say it will, or before, and it's RIGHT this time!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea.....08', A buddy of mine I work with has got an 07' Unlimited Sahara (which I had to talk him into...he was set on buying a commander ....now he wouldn't trade his unlimited for anything!!!). He got his in Dec of last year. Same deal, ENCS dropped the ball and his sat at port for over a month before it was shipped....lol

I'm still pretty sore over this whole deal but, at least I don't have to make any payments on the new one for at least 4 months.

BTW, You don't now how close I was to driving off in that one.....Until I called the wife and told her what had happened. She made it real clear " I'd BETTER not take anything less that what I had ordered!!!!!" She's smart

N e way, Thank for the support guys, and I guess I'll go look for a hole to climb into and hibernate through the winter while I wait.....

Tony-

Last edited by Cappi's JKR; 11-28-2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eodguy789

I picked mine up back in MAR 07 (ordered in SEP 06) and had the only 2007/08 Rubicon on the entire penisula until about 2 months ago. A CW2 in Yongsan has a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon, Rescue Green. I have seen it 2 times now.
Seems like I see that guy every time I go to Yongsan.....He's replyed on the "Jeep wave" a couple of times...

Quick Reply: Finnally Gettn' Mine !!!!!