Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First serious wheeling trip with new Rubi

Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First serious wheeling trip with new Rubi

Just got back from Rausch Creek this morning. Wheeled yesterday for the first time since buying the new 2013 Rubicon and transferring mods from the old jeep and building this one further. Have a RK 2 1/2 inch max travel lift with an inch teraflex spacers. Gussetted the C's and put RCV shafts on the front axle along with an EVO draglink flip. After some pretty good rock crawling on some pretty good black trails the one mod that stood above the rest was the addition of EVO rock star shock mounts and skids. Where others were hung up on the shock mounts I made it over with little trouble. My ACE rock rails took some pretty good hits but that's what they are there for. The EVO rock stars were the bomb though.

Also got to use the auto disconnect on the sway bar which was one of the many reasons for getting the Rubicon. Got to say it was pretty nice to hit a button to disconnect and connect rather than crawling up under the Jeep and tieing up the sway bar and then crawling under a muddy jeep to reconnect afterwards. Worth the price of admission. Also tried out the lockers both front and back which worked great especially on hill climbs on wet rocks and loose gravel. Jeep performed flawlessly. Will attach pictures later.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you had a good time, I'm in the process of switching from a 2011 to a 2013 Rubi 2dr. Skids are key to a successful trip.

Quick Reply: First serious wheeling trip with new Rubi