Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Flat Style Fender Flares

Old 12-04-2014, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flat Style Fender Flares

Hello guys, so I would like to get some flat style fender flares for the 08 Jk, so far I like either the Poison Spyder (metal ones) and the Bushwacker (plastic). I would like to know your opinion on either of this and if anyone has had a really bad experience with flat style fenders in general... Thanks for sharing guys.
Click image for larger version

Name:	jk-fender-flares.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	586763
Old 12-04-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the plastic Bushwacker flat flares. I have never had the metal ones so I can't say one is better that the other. I can say that I like the Bushwackers. I wanted a flare that required no drilling or cutting of any metal. The only thing that needs to be cut with the Bushwackers is the inner fender liner. They are also pretty durable. I have rubbed them against a tree twice and I can't even see any scrape marks.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:19 PM
JK Newbie

I agree with AnvilX14. I just put the Bushwackers on recently and I'm extremely happy with them. Just want to be careful to not cut the liners too short. BTW they are offering a $50 rebate on them right now.
Old 12-04-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Bushwacker flats too. While the poison spyders are sweet, for my purpose, plastic works.

My only gripe is the install. It was a bit of a pita on the front then to get the fender over the bracing. Oh....and the side markers. Pain to Garth your hand in there to tighten some nuts.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:40 PM
JK Newbie

Default Nice...

Guys, you are awesome, Bushwacker it is then. I'm dying to get them now. As soon as I install them I'll post pictures. Thanks a lot for the feedback.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

You should look into MCE. Modern Classic Enterprises
Old 12-09-2014, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Armergedon007
You should look into MCE. Modern Classic Enterprises
I Second that! Just had a friend point me in that direction and did some homework. My vote goes to MCE!
Old 12-10-2014, 04:19 AM
JK Freak

I had the bushwackers but just got poison spyder ones yesterday... After only being able to install 1 I am completely blown away by the poisonspyder ones. After seeing these I regret going to the bushwacker ones at all. These things are pure beef and look a whole heck of a lot better than the bushwacker ones.. Also I could never get the bushwacker flares to sit right and completely flush with the jeep.. You definitely get what you pay for... Just my .02
Old 12-10-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the fenders (Bushwackers) are decent for relatively flat driving. I agree that you get what you pay for especially for the lucky folks near trails, canyons, etc. where the obstacles can get dicey and the fenders offer protection from rocks and such but here in Florida where it's flat, the Bushwackers, at this time, provide me some extra clearance for getting over smaller obstacles. However, I will be upgradings to PSC's in the future...I'm just not in a hurry.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
I have the plastic Bushwacker flat flares. I have never had the metal ones so I can't say one is better that the other. I can say that I like the Bushwackers. I wanted a flare that required no drilling or cutting of any metal. The only thing that needs to be cut with the Bushwackers is the inner fender liner. They are also pretty durable. I have rubbed them against a tree twice and I can't even see any scrape marks.
A couple of my friends have them, and I don't mind the look... but for whatever reason, I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on this.

I'm running the Smittybuilt flat fenders... however they're way too narrow, and I need to upgrade them (or at least the fronts). Am just undecided on what ones.

Quick Reply: Flat Style Fender Flares