Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Flattop jk

Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flattop jk

I love the concept jk ( flattop) what are your thoughts on it ?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

I love the flattop,
what I would like to see is a retractable canvas & window side that rolls out from where we currently bolt on our hardtops and hooks onto the flattop. It would also be compatible with the half door soft windows.

If you look carefully at the prototype there is a distinctive "line" on the side where the hard top bolts on but i'm not sure what it is.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cgnjeep
I love the flattop,
what I would like to see is a retractable canvas & window side that rolls out from where we currently bolt on our hardtops and hooks onto the flattop. It would also be compatible with the half door soft windows.

If you look carefully at the prototype there is a distinctive "line" on the side where the hard top bolts on but i'm not sure what it is.
I like your train of thought. I would think they would have something in place for all weather use.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

I like the whole series of 37" tire concepts. This flattop could be done without a ton of work if you had an extra top lying around. I see there's no back window, otherwise it would be a big parachute. I think some sort of side panels (hard or soft) could be made to latch into it. It would offer lots of combinations of open-ness and would be a lot flatter and easier to store.

I thought about something sililar a few times just using a framework and mesh of aluminum that attaches to the cage. It would have a snap-on (or slot and lip) canvas top that rolls up and stores a LOT easier than the current soft top.