Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Front Seat Back Removal

Old 11-02-2007, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Seat Back Removal

Quick and Dirty:

Does anyone have pictures or details on removing the top portion of the front seat only (not the headrest, the seat back)?

Reason:

I guess I should have realized the seats don't flip up like some older TJ's and the YJ and MAYBE I should have considered the 4 door before making a final decision... live and learn I guess. What I want to do is remove the seat for easier access to the child seat in the back, but apparently removing it confuses the electronics and disables the airbag (this is what the service department told me). Next best option seems to be to just remove the top. So I'm looking for anyone who's done this before I start in case there is a snag I should be aware of.

Thanks.
Stephen
Old 11-02-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Are you sure you have side airbags? That is an option, not standard, so if you don't I'd say wrench away.
Old 11-02-2007, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Hi,

No side airbags, it's the front ones that get disabled. As soon as you disconnect the cables at the bottom of the seat the airbag light comes on, dealership said that they won't work and I'd kinda like to keep them.

Taking the back off should be no problem, just wondering if anyone had done it and what kinda problems they faced.

BTW: if you have side air bags, you can't remove the seat back either, I guess the sensor is in there someplace. Crazy electonics.

Stephen

Quick Reply: Front Seat Back Removal