Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Full cover on with doors off, soft top up, and water all over the floors ???

Old 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full cover on with doors off, soft top up, and water all over the floors ???

Hey all,

Long time lurker here finally got another jeep again so I get to chime in now. My (new to me) jeep is an 08' so it has its quirks which for the most part I chalk it up to being a jeep thing. I've only had the jeep about a month now but I have water on my floors everytime it rains. Thank goodness the previous owner rhino-lined the interior so no carpets. Must have got sick of the rugs being wet all the time is my guess. So with knowing the jeep takes on some water inside this is where I go nuts. I got a full cover for the jeep. Physically I see nothing wrong with the cover as its brand new. I love the jeep right now with soft top up doors and windows all out. Over the weekend we get some wicked rain. The next morning I pull the cover off and what the heck??? The floors are flooded with water. I am baffled as to how the water possibly got inside. I showed people and they think the rain made itself into the door areas cause it was windy and raining really hard. I say no way cause the cover was pulled down past the side steps (but....not tied down, just counted on the elastic hem built inside the cover.) There is no way the rain got up underneath of there. So anybody have any ideas as to how the heck this could happen? Lastly, I wanted to make sure the cover didn't absorb water so I poured a bucket of water into the cover and it didn't leak through. I am still within my 30 day return policy for this cover but if the cover doesn't seem to leak I'm afraid to spend a lot of money on a more expensive cover that is truly waterproof if the rain is seeping in somewhere that the cover wont block.

Thanks All!

Quick Reply: Full cover on with doors off, soft top up, and water all over the floors ???