Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

G.E.A.R. seat cover question

Old 11-14-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.E.A.R. seat cover question

My bolster is wearing thin and I'm looking at this cover. Question is it compatible with the side air bags? and does it interfere with folding down the rear seat, (4 door Rubi)
Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them in my 4dr rubi and I think it will interfere with the air bags cuz there are straps that go down the sides of the seat but they are only Velcro straps. And they do interfere when folding the rear seat down a little for me cuz my frony seats are far back and all the pouches are full with camping supplies and first aid stuff. I have been pretty happy with them tho, I got them in acu camo and they look cool and are very functional
Old 11-14-2012, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Love them

I have them in my 2 door and I love them! Like the previous poster said they are very functional! They will def interfere with the side airbag the way the straps run along the side, I have no personal experience with the out come, but the velcro straps are in the way of where an airbag would be. I have the tailgate cover too, same deal, love it, Qtec was running a special a few months ago buy the 2 front seat covers and get the tailgate for free.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Freak

the various bags are removable arn't they? I need places to "put stuff" but maybe I can leave the bottom portion bagless so the seat will fold down. What do you think?

Quick Reply: G.E.A.R. seat cover question