Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gas leak.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas leak.

I just wanted to let you all know I'm it sure if anyone else has had this problem. But on Saturday I had been driving the my 2013 JKU sport with less than 5000 miles on it with our two girls in it all morning I had thrown the top back mid morning. II got home around 1pm ate lunch and my husband jumped in. He called me at 2 saying I needed to come get him the jeep was leaking gas. I thought he was joking. When I got to the parking lot he was parked in I could smell the gas and half the tank was on the street. It turns out the drive shift was rubbing the gas line and cut it. My husband said that he had started to smell gas at the first light he hit but didn't think that it could be our brand new jeep but when he hit the third light it could really bad so he stopped. If he had gone a few more miles or someone throw a lit cigarette the whole thing could have gone up In a fire ball. I just wanted to let everyone know that this maybe a problem to check your fuel lines so this problem doesn't happen to you.

Quick Reply: Gas leak.