Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gas prices

Old 12-19-2014, 05:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$2.15 here in VA. The price of Diesel fuel is caused by the EPA requiring it to be Ultra Low Sulfur of 15ppm. Off-road fuel is much higher 500 ppm. This requirement adds cost to refinement and transportation. Pipe line companies have to use different schedules to ship now because the low sulfur fuel can pick up residual sulfur left in the line from kerosine,heating oil and jet fuel. Now the diesel ships behind big runs of gas before the other fuels. Every new EPA rule Always passes on increased cost to the end user.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2.39 here in knoxville TN
Old 12-19-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

$2.34 in Ft. Mill , SC. Love these prices. Especially when I have to fill up 3 times a week!!
Old 12-19-2014, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Just saw $1.99 in Erie, CO last night. Premo is $2.29.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
which is a mere 1/5 us gallon more than the U.S. Gallon. Not enough to justify the price difference.

I could go on for ever why we pay more on this side of the 49th. I won't!!!

Last edited by Jeepersteve; 12-19-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TacomanBJK12
Just wanted to share how much it costed me to fill up as it has never been this little to fill up.
It was, but maybe not in your driving career Gas has been between about $0.99/gallon and $5.00/gallon during my lifetime so far. I think I saw it over $5.00/gallon in California once, and that wasn't but a few years ago.

Current prices are inline with what I remember about 11-12 years ago. I remember sweating a little as gas crept up to $2.50/gallon and I was driving an S10 Chevy Blazer with the 4.3 that would get between 15-16mpg. She drank! I was in college and my part-time jobs were becoming about filling the tank in the truck versus pizza/beer money.

Originally Posted by ybugly
All I have to say is screw overseas oil. Pump our on, get lower prices, and put our people to work around the nation! Thanks to all our troops past and present for keeping our rights!!!
"Overseas oil" is the reason prices are low right now. The Saudi's are flooding the market with inventory (and cheap prices) as a strategic move to bankrupt the oil production of other countries, especially countries (Like Russia, for example) that depend on a certain price to keep their economy floating.

I can't remember what price of oil our domestic operations depend on, but I think we're getting very close. If prices drop much lower, there won't be much/any money in producing oil in the way we've expanded production (sands, fracking, etc). The low prices could actually hurt our oil production.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jk_sea
It was, but maybe not in your driving career

I can't remember what price of oil our domestic operations depend on, but I think we're getting very close. If prices drop much lower, there won't be much/any money in producing oil in the way we've expanded production (sands, fracking, etc). The low prices could actually hurt our oil production.
It's about time we as a consumer have good fuel pricing we have been screwed for years with high pricing by fat cats lining their pockets. This will bring all consumer products down in price over time while some companies make larger profits if they don't lower their price.

The cheapest I have purchased petrol in New Zealand this week was $6.72 per gallon our highest price was $8.92 per gallon a couple of months ago.

Their is no shortest of oil and I hope Russia hurts badly.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kiwi
It's about time we as a consumer have good fuel pricing we have been screwed for years with high pricing by fat cats lining their pockets. This will bring all consumer products down in price over time while some companies make larger profits if they don't lower their price.

The cheapest I have purchased petrol in New Zealand this week was $6.72 per gallon our highest price was $8.92 per gallon a couple of months ago.

Their is no shortest of oil and I hope Russia hurts badly.

All Russia has to do is stop shipping Natural Gas and oil to the south like NATO, that would not be good-then a collapse could really happen to every country on this earth. Do not play games with this man, we do not really understand what this man could do to this country and others.

Oil companies need to make a certain amount of money or else they will not drill and then prices could go back up again. It cost quit a bit to drill. They are like any other company here, they are in the business to make money. Go out and start a new business and see what it cost and then if it fails, you are out that money. Now if it makes it good and you have a profit then will you not complain.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by irongate
All Russia has to do is stop shipping Natural Gas and oil to the south like NATO, that would not be good-then a collapse could really happen to every country on this earth. Do not play games with this man, we do not really understand what this man could do to this country and others.
This is not correct any more Russia does not have the gas market to them selves as other countries have their own supply plus their is an over supply of gas on the world market. In America gas supply may never run out as their are huge fields of gas.

We can all do without Russia as they are a main arm supplier. The Russian people will need to sort Putin as Putin could become out of control if is not already.

Never give into dictators.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:37 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by rvator
.... Every new EPA rule Always passes on increased cost to the end user.
If I run a waste disposal company and I haul the collected trash to a public park and dump it without paying a fee, then I keep my cost of doing business down. If the city comes down and says I can't do that, that I have to take it to the dump and pay a fee, then my cost of business goes up. But you wouldn't blame the city for stopping me from dumping in the public park--that's just common sense. Businesses damaging the environment without paying a fee is a big problem. Just because you can't see the damage that pollutants cause doesn't make it any less harmful. There needs to be serious discussion and solutions to these issues. It doesn't help when people take politically-motivated potshots at those who are trying to do so.

Quick Reply: Gas prices