Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gear installation websites

Old 01-14-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear installation websites

Does anyone have any good websites on how to install gears myself? I recently found a good deal on some gears and install kits, and I would like to install them myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ze9900
Does anyone have any good websites on how to install gears myself? I recently found a good deal on some gears and install kits, and I would like to install them myself. Any help would be appreciated.
How handy are you with a wrench? Because there is a lot more involved... I looked into doing it myself and decided against it. I would strongly suggest having a professional shop do it and they will warranty their work. But if you are set on doing it yourself I have a book at home that tells you exactly how to do it - ill post the book title when I get home.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:20 PM
JK Newbie

I'm a machinist by trade. So I'm thinking i can handle all the precision it takes. I have access to a lift and a press. I have most of the tools needed (I think). Just looking for some articles on how to do it. Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 12:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...gearing-82262/

Good luck,

I don't know if I'm up for the challenge... one mistake and its big $$$. What gears did you get?
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

I got some G2 4.88's

Quick Reply: Gear installation websites