Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good dent removal kit?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good dent removal kit?

Got a couple of good dents and pushed-in spots on my JK body and have been seeing some of those easy dent removal suction cup kits online and at Walmart. Anyone have any experience with these or another non-shop method of getting dents out?

I know it's a Jeep and trail scars are endearing, but I like to keep my rig looking as good as possible.

Thanks
Greg
Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Call around to some dealers and find a good local dent doctor. The good ones can do some amazing work.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing wrong with keeping your rig cleaned up. If its a small dent say the size of a hammer, those are pretty difficult to remove.
If you have a larger dent then the suction would help out alot. Make sure you watch a diy video to see the technique. Its pretty easy, it just helps you keep from scratching your paint and pulling the dent the wrong way. For the little dents, I let those be.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely watch lots of YouTube prior to purchasing any tools.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't buy any of those do it your self dent removal kits. You won't be happy. Find a local dent removal tech.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

If the dents are creased... Call a shop to do it. If they are bigger than a quarter and smaller than a basketball try some dry ice. The el-cheapo suction cups succeed at only one thing in my experience, parting you with your money. If the dry ice method doesn't work with a small piece of it at least you have something to keep your beer cold for the day.

Quick Reply: Good dent removal kit?