Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Good US-based online tire store?

Old 11-14-2007, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good US-based online tire store?

Hi everyone,

Well, I give up -- Toyo M-55s in Canada are not pinned, and no-one wants to drill them for studs.

So now my plan is to buy them from a US-based store and have them shipped to Freeport Forwarding in Rouses Point, NY. It's only a one hour drive from Montreal and the US made M-55s are pinned for studs. I should also save a few bucks because of the current exchange rate. :-)

So... Can anyone recommend a good / reliable online retailer for Toyo tires? :-)

Thanks!
js.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Hi js,

I have used TireRack.com and DiscountTire.com. Both are easy to deal with and they have good tech numbers.

Shipping to a location other than the credit card billing adress can be a problem.

Tire Rack has "Approved Installers" and Discount Tire has several hundred store in the US.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by MARUNE
Hi js,

I have used TireRack.com ...
x2. I bought some Pirrelis off them a few years ago. Good outcome.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MARUNE
Hi js,

I have used TireRack.com and DiscountTire.com. Both are easy to deal with and they have good tech numbers.

Shipping to a location other than the credit card billing adress can be a problem.

Tire Rack has "Approved Installers" and Discount Tire has several hundred store in the US.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Those are good choices. Shipping to an address other than on the card can be a problem, but I also think both will drop ship the tires to one of their recommended installers. That may allow him to avoid any alternate address hassles.

I dunno if they sell that brand, but he may also be able to get them through a Sams Club/Costco/BJ's wholesale store too... I am most familiar with Sams, and they can order all kinds of tires and have them shipped to whatever store location you want for pickup.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for all the suggestions guys -- keep 'em coming! :-) BTW, DiscountTire appears to sell only what they have in stock, so no good for the Toyo M55s. I'm still waiting to hear back from TireRack...

Thanks!
js.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Try carmodifier.com

Based in Canada, call him for better pricing than his internet list prices. Some of his prices were almost the same as US pricing.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Zee
Try carmodifier.com

Based in Canada, call him for better pricing than his internet list prices. Some of his prices were almost the same as US pricing.
Thanks, but I need to buy the US made M55s, not the Canadian M55s. The US ones are pinned for studs, the Canadian ones are not.

js.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Zee
JK Freak

Ah, I didn't realize you were definitely going to get the M55.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Tire Rack doesn't sell Toyos...

How about 4wheelparts?

Anyone else?

Thanks!
js.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
Hi everyone,

Well, I give up -- Toyo M-55s in Canada are not pinned, and no-one wants to drill them for studs.

So now my plan is to buy them from a US-based store and have them shipped to Freeport Forwarding in Rouses Point, NY. It's only a one hour drive from Montreal and the US made M-55s are pinned for studs. I should also save a few bucks because of the current exchange rate. :-)

So... Can anyone recommend a good / reliable online retailer for Toyo tires? :-)

Thanks!
js.

I bought my tires and rims from 4wd.com, excellent service. just do your research before and they'll price match anything. I paid with my canadian credit card and had them shipped to a UPS store in Ogdensburg, NY, it's only one hour drive from Ottawa. Procomp X-Terrains are approx. 325$ each in Ottawa and I paid 180$.

Quick Reply: Good US-based online tire store?