Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Grand Cherokee Wheels on JK

Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Grand Cherokee Wheels on JK

So ive been looking to purchase new black wheels/tires and im all about saving money so i thought i would hit up craigslist to see whats out there.

currently have the 18" OEM wheels and would like a smaller rim either 17" or 16" when i purchase tires, so they are a little cheaper.

anywho, not many 5x5 bolt pattern, or aftermarket wheels for sale specifically for a jeep wrangler in my area.... so i stumbled upon old grand cherokee wheels.

I pretty much could get a set of 4 grand cherokee wheels, 5x5 bolt pattern, for about $100-200 bucks.
So i thought, why not purchase those, scuff them up, paint them down, and see how they turn out. Rather do that then mess up my current wheels right now (not a fan of the 5 wide spoke black painted wheels anyways, and yes i know i could plasti dip them, but that doesn't get me a smaller wheel to purchase cheaper tires)

was really wondering if anyone else has used a grand cherokee wheel on a JK? looks like the specs (below) will fit, you will just need spacers when i install a lift.
Rim width is 7.5"
Rim diameter is 17"
Bolt pattern is 5 X 5

i found these recently below, selling 4 for $175 on craigslist, i think they would look pretty good painted black, and or the other wheels below that......

Click image for larger version

Name:	3L93M23H65S15S05S5cb7bea6e2bf48111126.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	386783Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep_Wheels_00.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	386784

anywhos, just wonder, chyyup..
Old 11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a guy on here who has the first picture on his jk and it looks good IMO but I would like to see the other style on a jk ( 2nd picture )

Quick Reply: Grand Cherokee Wheels on JK