Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Guess Forbes hates Wranglers...

Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guess Forbes hates Wranglers...

15 New Cars To Avoid | Forbes

Let's discuss...

edit: let me just add that I disagree with this article. i love my jeep.

Last edited by kidcaffeine; 12-02-2014 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:45 AM
JK Newbie

Wow total BS! I have a 2dr and had friends in the back and they all say its actually quite roomie. They were used to being in the back of a 2 dr sports car but still.
The ride is actually quite smooth and with a hard top there is very little wind noise. I love my Jeep and would never go back to a car. Forbes must have never driven one.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.

I don't read anything that is not true. It's not a vehicle for everybody. It has a purpose.

Last edited by mikeJKUR; 12-02-2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

The Wrangler makes this list every year. Funny how they forget to mention the Wrangler has one of the highest resale values of any vehicle, and are in constant demand, with a cult like following. The phrase it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand definitely describes the idiots who write for this magazine..
Old 12-02-2014, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It actually does mention the resale value. no excuse though, Jeeps are great and that's that.

Sam
Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
The Wrangler makes this list every year. Funny how they forget to mention the Wrangler has one of the highest resale values of any vehicle, and are in constant demand, with a cult like following. The phrase it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand definitely describes the idiots who write for this magazine..

did you forget how to read? it clearly states that it has high resale.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All these things are true. I hate driving mine once top off season is gone and windy season is here. Whenever people will be riding in the back seat we take another car because entry into the back seat is awkward at best and the seat is downright uncomfortable(and we have a 4 door). It's not a great vehicle and it's certainly not a 40-50k vehicle, even in rubi or rubi x trim, but for whatever reason I still love mine.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
Though some might argue the iconic Wrangler and its four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles, they suffer from limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise at higher speeds. True, they get great resale value, but the Wranglers placed among the lowest scoring models in Consumer Reports’ testing, with the Unlimited also falling on its worst-values list; the original Jeep’s descendent also gets low marks in initial quality, performance and reliability from J.D. Power.

I don't read anything that is not true. It's not a vehicle for everybody. It has a purpose.
It's like criticizing a sports car for having too little luggage space or uncomfortable rear seats...

J.D. Power isn't smart enough to understand that by saying - "they get great resale value", he contradicted himself, and that people vote against his lack of understanding, by buying Jeeps as fast as they get off the production line...

Last edited by GJeep; 12-02-2014 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jksteve2013

did you forget how to read? it clearly states that it has high resale.
Actually, I didn't read this particular article, because they run this review every year, and it hasn't been mentioned in previous reviews. But hey, thanks for calling me out on it buddy...
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW... regarding this quote --

"four-door Wrangler Unlimited version are among the best-performing off-road vehicles"

"Among"? which stock 4x4 equals or tops the stock Wrangler? ...
(...or the availability of upgrading options?)

Last edited by GJeep; 12-02-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Guess Forbes hates Wranglers...