Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: JKU Half doors or full doors with manual windows
Half Doors
64.29%
Full Doors with manual locks/windows
35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Half Doors or Roll Down Windows for JKU

Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Half Doors or Roll Down Windows for JKU

I am thinking of ordering a 2013 JKU and plan to get a base sport. I am torn between getting half doors or rolldown windows. I live in NJ so gets fairly cold in the winter but I don't mind if its a little colder inside the jeep and it seems worth it for the summers. So, I am posting a poll to get opinions.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say go half! Just got my jk this summer. I decided to see what it's like to go soft top in the winter....it's honestly not that bad. It stays pretty insulated. So if the half doors are anything like the top...you'll be fine warmth wise. I like in Ottawa, On and we have some pretty cold weather...and ive been fine!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Gotta have half doors or no doors
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had half doors on my first JK and now full doors on my new JK. Half doors are a pain when paying tolls or going through drive-thrus. The uppers are also easily stolen. I like how half doors keep the heat in on those cool nights with the top off and how lightweight they are when you have to remove them.

My JK is a garage queen so I use my full doors in winter and tube doors in summer. If I did not have my garage, or my JK was my daily driver, I may have gotten half doors the second time. Half doors are extremely expensive aafter purchase, so if you want them,get them now. There is an abundance of full doors in scrap yards now.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

I say both!!! Since you're ordering why not just purchase the option now instead of paying more for it later. I should have got the half doors and soft top when I bought mine.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:54 AM
JK Junkie

Buy half doors. I traded my full doors with power windows and locks for half doors.

I haven't looked back. Since you're looking at base model, halfs are a hellova lot better than roll downs.

Not really any colder at all. I have a soft top, and have not been able to tell of a temp difference with the half doors.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Halfs, I'm scraping bucks together for Halfs and it's taking forever
Old 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hanzo
I say both!!! Since you're ordering why not just purchase the option now instead of paying more for it later. I should have got the half doors and soft top when I bought mine.
I dont think i can order both.
For those of you with halfs, does it get difficult to see out of them over time, like from scratches or discoloration?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JerseyMark

I dont think i can order both.
For those of you with halfs, does it get difficult to see out of them over time, like from scratches or discoloration?
Go half doors! My 07s are still perfect, no discoloration, just a couple small scuffs here and there. There are many more pros than cons, IMO anyway.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

I voted roll down. I had half doors on my old YJ. The windows were scratched but it never bothered me or restricted my view. When I got a TJ, I went with roll down windows and I much prefer the full doors for convenience. I never liked having to fold the window inside.

On the other hand, it is a classic design and Jeeps are supposed to be rugged and basic. On the JKU I have power windows and DL's, so some people would probably say it's too luxurious for a Jeep!

Quick Reply: Half Doors or Roll Down Windows for JKU