Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hardtop Cart.....

Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Cart.....

Well, after only a few days, I rediscovered how inconvenient it is to have a hardtop taking up space in the garage. I have a two car garage which is full of "stuff" and I need to be able to move around. The only place I could put the top was between the front of the car/jeep and the washer and dryer which made it a real hassle to do the laundry or get to the side door. I built this cart in about 15 minutes, $28.00, and a quick trip to Home Depot. Now I can roll it out of the way when I need to. I'm sure there are others who have done something similar, but I thought I'd post this in case someone else is in the same boat I'm in as far as storage space.

I will still be fininshing it by building up the inside to hold the front halves of the Freedom Top. Now....where do I put my doors......

Last edited by Gunslinger; 11-26-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks good, nice work!
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same problem with the 2-door garage. I suspended my TJ hardtop from the ceiling using a come along. I plan on doing the same with the JK top if my Jeep is ever delivered....

Quick Reply: Hardtop Cart.....