Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has Bestop Duster issue with dimples been addressed?

Old 03-20-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Bestop Duster issue with dimples been addressed?

I am considering a Bestop Duster for my 2-dr. I've read numerous accounts over the years of this product causing dimples in the sheet metal due to an overly tight fit. Is this an old issue, or is it still current? I'm wondering if Bestop may have addressed the issue by now, or was this possibly an isolated issue with the early versions? If it is still an issue, is there a better tonneau cover that won't leave my sheet metal damaged?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

So that explains the dimples under the lip ... I wondered how those got there. It's one on each side.. WTH?

Sent from my i5 using just one thumb and tapatalk
Old 03-21-2013, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Flyingbrian
So that explains the dimples under the lip ... I wondered how those got there. It's one on each side.. WTH?

Sent from my i5 using just one thumb and tapatalk
Is yours fairly new? I know this was an issue I read about a lot back in 2007-2009. You'd think Bestop would have fixed it by now, but maybe not.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had that issue back in 08 with my first JK. If that happen or happened, contact Bestop, they were easy to work with. They eventually ponied up the money to fix the dimples in the tub. As I understand it, the issue hasn't been fixed.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08RescueGreen
As I understand it, the issue hasn't been fixed.
After all these years, you'd think they could come up with a re-design to solve the issue. I had one years ago on a YJ that just attached with velcro, and it worked great. It seems like maybe these Bestop ones fit too tight and the metal lip on the Jeep is too thin.

Quick Reply: Has Bestop Duster issue with dimples been addressed?