Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Have you moved..... To jeep more?

Old 10-28-2012, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you moved..... To jeep more?

I'm in Georgia and am seriously considering moving to the southwest within 3 years to help feed my offroading addiction.

Has anyone else ever moved to jeep more?
Old 10-29-2012, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

I got 3yrs till I can retire, I am thinking about it still not sure where I want to go or where I will end up.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately, I live in CA. Fortunately, I live in northern CA. And there are some great places to wheel up here.

Still thinking about moving to fuel my common sense habit though...
Old 10-30-2012, 12:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm about 600+ miles away from Colorado (8-9 hr drive) and I would love to move there simply for a better outdoor experience. I can't till I get custody of my son and that's not even good enough to be able to leave the state...His mother would prevent that somehow. :( I wouldn't mind Arizona either. My girlfriend goes to AZ every other week for a week at a time for her job and she says there are tons of Jeepers down there. There are no places to wheel in Nebraska. Iowa and Missouri has some but mostly privately owned, no OHV parks :(
Old 10-30-2012, 02:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepchief
I'm about 600+ miles away from Colorado (8-9 hr drive) and I would love to move there simply for a better outdoor experience. I can't till I get custody of my son and that's not even good enough to be able to leave the state...His mother would prevent that somehow. :( I wouldn't mind Arizona either. My girlfriend goes to AZ every other week for a week at a time for her job and she says there are tons of Jeepers down there. There are no places to wheel in Nebraska. Iowa and Missouri has some but mostly privately owned, no OHV parks :(
My wife and I actually moved from Omaha about four years ago to South Carolina. Friends and family thought we were crazy. Realized life is short and getting shorter. Quit our jobs after finding new ones. Sold everything there, moved down here so we could see and do more. Now we are planning to move closer to the mountains. I agree with you we loved Colorado but the drive was long. There is a place you might want to check out closer to Valentine called Toad Stool National Park. I believe it's the start of the Badlands. Also, near Colorado Springs...The Paint Mines. I'm just ready to downsize even more buy a small cabin and travel more. We love nature and being outside. We will be close to Great Smokey Mountains, Chattahoochee National Park, and Nantahala National Forest and close to several states as well.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Cowboy5150
Still thinking about moving to fuel my common sense habit though...
Couldn't have said it better myself. Though, my common sense habit is even less welcome where I am in SoCal. There's wheeling here, as long as you don't mind spending hours sitting in traffic to get out of the city to wheel it. Wife and I want to escape California, and wheeling will have a lot to do with where we land. That and jobs, of course. Where's a place with awesome wheeling and decent jobs?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys. The grass is always greener somewhere else. I have two great places to wheel fairly close.
Ouachita National Forest - Home
Ozark-St. Francis National Forests - Home
But still it isn't Moab. Or a beautiful tropical beach.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I havnt moved yet due to college, but as soon as I get my degrees I will be moving and the location will factor in the availablilty of different offroad parks and private land
Old 10-30-2012, 11:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4-Lo

Couldn't have said it better myself. Though, my common sense habit is even less welcome where I am in SoCal. There's wheeling here, as long as you don't mind spending hours sitting in traffic to get out of the city to wheel it. Wife and I want to escape California, and wheeling will have a lot to do with where we land. That and jobs, of course. Where's a place with awesome wheeling and decent jobs?
depending on what you do for a living, jobs are pretty good up here in the Sacramento area, and there are some great places to play too. Still, it's California...
Old 10-30-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm originally from nor-cal, lived there as a kid but spent the majority of my adult life in the south except for some military service and 6 months living with family in Los Angeles before getting into law enforcement which is where I've been for the last 8 years. I'm researching AZ's law enforcement requirements for certification now and looks like they give credit for my state certification!!

I'll never go back to Cali!! None of the guns I own are even legal in that state...... F-that crap!

Quick Reply: Have you moved..... To jeep more?