Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Headliners...MOPAR vs HOTHEAD

Old 04-01-2015, 10:19 AM
SJR
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headliners...MOPAR vs HOTHEAD

I AM TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN MOPAR AND HOTHEAD....it seems that they both do the job, HOTHEAD appears to be much more expensive (nearly $175.00 more), is there a reason to pick one over the other. So far I cannot justify the extra money. Is there something I am missing? Would appreciate your help. Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SJR
I AM TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN MOPAR AND HOTHEAD....it seems that they both do the job, HOTHEAD appears to be much more expensive (nearly $175.00 more), is there a reason to pick one over the other. So far I cannot justify the extra money. Is there something I am missing? Would appreciate your help. Thanks!
Having had the HotHeads in my 2012 JKR and now the Mopar in my 2015 JKRUHR I'd say the HotHeads are a bit thicker with the backer board they use, the Mopar ones just seem to be a thick material.

I haven't had the Mopar ones in a lot of heat yet but they seem to work just fine.

I'm happy with the Mopar ones, and I was happy with the HotHeads as well. I wouldn't have an issue reccomending either.......If the Mopar is cheaper go with them.

HTH
Old 04-01-2015, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I installed the Mopar headliner kit last week. Very happy with it. It looks great and does its job. I couldn't justify spending any more than that for some insulation..

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20150401_185000.jpg
Views:	1554
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	604435

Sent from my SPH-L720 using JK-Forum
Old 04-04-2015, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr

Having had the HotHeads in my 2012 JKR and now the Mopar in my 2015 JKRUHR I'd say the HotHeads are a bit thicker with the backer board they use, the Mopar ones just seem to be a thick material.

I haven't had the Mopar ones in a lot of heat yet but they seem to work just fine.

I'm happy with the Mopar ones, and I was happy with the HotHeads as well. I wouldn't have an issue reccomending either.......If the Mopar is cheaper go with them.

HTH
Keep in mind that HotHeads was the first and gives amazing service to folks on this forum.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boom Mat Sound Deadening HeadLiner

Very noticeable difference its a lot thicker then hothead and made by the design engineering they know their stuff
Old 04-22-2015, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Default The actual difference

Hi Everyone,
here is a video I shot that shows what each of the Hothead, Mopar & Boom mat headliners are made of. I hope no one thinks this video is a slam against the other headliners. I just wanted to show the difference because it's very hard to tell what something is from a picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3COHKbmWTtM More info at: Hothead Headliners

best regards,

Mark
Old 04-22-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I can attest to Mark at Hotheads being a very standup guy and I would do business with his small business first if possible.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another +1 for Mark at Hotheads. I just got my polycarbonate soft top windows from him and I'd pay double the price to give my business to him rather than those scumbags at Chrysler. But then again every interaction I've had with a Chrysler store has been unbelievably negative lol. MArk was awesome.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Hotheads, which made a real difference in the very hot summers we have here.
Installation is much easier than that of other liners, and there's a good choice of colors.
Relatively bright liners absorb less heat.
As a bonus, they improve the sound in the Jeep. Less noise gets in and echoed vs the bare fiberglass.
As the Hotheads much reduce the bare fiberglass resonance, music, too, sounds better.
For those with an aftermarket exhaust -- As the Hotheads reduce mainly the higher tones, the exhaust & engine sounds (inside the Jeep) are improved.
I, too, found Mark to be pleasant and efficient to work with.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Do the hothead liners not have the pieces that go around the rear glass like the mopar has?

Quick Reply: Headliners...MOPAR vs HOTHEAD