Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Help and Opinions Please

Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help and Opinions Please

I have a Black 2007 Sahara Jeep Wrangler (2-door). Everything but the front bumper, tires, and stereo are stock right now. I'm currently looking into having it lifted and getting some bigger tires. Unfortunately I know nothing about any of this. I use my Jeep for driving to and from school or wherever else I might go. We may be moving to a property with quad trails though. I don't know if they would be big enough for my Jeep but I plan on trying.

The front bumper is WARN Elite Series Front Bumper with Grille Guard. Waiting for my bank account to get a little more attractive before I buy the matching rear bumper and a winch for the front.

I could use a little help with these. What I need, differences between this and that, order in which it should be done, and maybe best place to order from.

I know that I want 33s but I don't know if I can put them on my car now or if I need it lifted first.

I have no idea how much I want it raised. I hear most people go for about 2 inches? I don't want it too big or to low. And I am seeing leveling kit, tire spacers, lift kit. What's the difference between all of these? I was told that having it lifted is not so good for the suspension?

Opinions on these:

Id love to have some tubular half doors by next summer. I'm thinking RANCHO® RockGEAR or HighRock 4x4™ Element.

I would like rocker guards. I'm looking at Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards right now. Are there better or cooler ones that might be preferred?

Soft top so that I can have the top off in the summer and easily put it back up if I need to and keep it on all year. Not sure what to get though.

Pretty sure that covers just about everything I'm looking for right now. It will be a while before I have everything together because it's a little expensive. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: Help and Opinions Please