Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hi-lft jack mounting options

Old 03-10-2017, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Yes you adjust the Height of the Jack Just pick the holes and attach it. I Keep mine low due to garage clearance issues My Jeep is 76" at the highest point on it the snorkel (excluding the CB antenna I have to take it off before entering). It will not rattle its attached to the A Pillar bolts.
I'm happy with the Bolt products. I have the hood lock and it keys to ignition and works well.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeepswag Hi-lift mount, it's hard to see but it's up there. It keeps it out of the way and out of the weather.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170310_124350.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	668060
Old 03-11-2017, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have it mounted on the roll cage
Old 03-14-2017, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chantheman74
Does anyone have it mounted on the roll cage
The Dominion/Jeep Swag "Dave" mount mentioned several times above is a rollbar mount.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jchappies
Jeepswag Hi-lift mount, it's hard to see but it's up there. It keeps it out of the way and out of the weather.
Attachment 668060
I did the same thing with the sand/mud base for the jacket except I got a long bolt and a threaded knob to attach it above the jack instead of below.
Old 03-15-2017, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So I did the 900-mile drive with ~50 miles of off-road/sand/beach (and salt) with the jack mounted to the bumper using my homebrew mounts.

The good: it held up fine and worked very well.

The bad: due to an onslaught of road debris on the 75mph roads throughout South Texas the (thin/crummy) paint on the Smittybilt jack was chipped enough that it then got an alarming amount of rust on it by the time I got home from the trip.

So, my next plan is to tear down the jack, cut the bar down to 48", paint/repaint, de-corrode the pins and other plain steel parts and coat them in CLP so they won't be as likely to rust in the future, and then build an interior roll-bar mount that will work with the soft top.

BTW I use this jack around the house pretty often, much more than I would ever use it on the trail.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Rugged Ridge rollbar mounts, but I didn't like the way it mounted across the tailgate. So I moved it up on top of the rollbars. Which worked unless you have rearseat passengers alot. Finally, I used only have the mount and put it on the rear roll bar and let the jack angle towards the front of the Jeep, it tucks in nice next to the rear seat and doesn't block access. I also have the 48" hi-lift so there is plenty of room and to protect the working parts I bought the neoprene cover that covers the lower pieces only and not the whole jack.

Quick Reply: Hi-lft jack mounting options