Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hood Decal Care

Old 09-23-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood Decal Care

Last night I finished getting my hood decals and american flags put on my jeep, pictures to come later. Does anyone know if there is a proper way to wash the jeep so these don't start peeling off? Can I still go to one of those self-wash car washes or should I avoid those? I'm in an apartment so those are about the only way for me to really get a decent wash done on the jeep, but I don't want the pressure washers over there to start ripping up the decals.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iron53man
Last night I finished getting my hood decals and american flags put on my jeep, pictures to come later. Does anyone know if there is a proper way to wash the jeep so these don't start peeling off? Can I still go to one of those self-wash car washes or should I avoid those? I'm in an apartment so those are about the only way for me to really get a decent wash done on the jeep, but I don't want the pressure washers over there to start ripping up the decals.
use the wash stalls that have the soapy brush and when you use the wand to rinse stand a ways back so you hit it more with a fan VS a direct stream.

Quick Reply: Hood Decal Care