Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horn not working.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn not working.

A few week ago I noticed when locking my jeep the horn wasn't working. I then tried pushing the steering wheel and no sound. Every once in a while it will kinda blow when I lock it. Anyone else have this issue or know where I need to start my trouble shooting?
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock horn is crap, and u prob got water in it. I would remove it, and see if water comes out.
I put hella disc horns in mine along time ago and they have worked great and are so much louder.
U could always check the horn with a 12v source or using a test lite or power probe.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slewis2604
A few week ago I noticed when locking my jeep the horn wasn't working. I then tried pushing the steering wheel and no sound. Every once in a while it will kinda blow when I lock it. Anyone else have this issue or know where I need to start my trouble shooting?
Mine has been showing the exact symptoms since i got home from Moab....thinking it may be from all the dust....the horn always was a piece of crap so i'll probably hook up something else.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

You don't need the horn if your middle finger still works hahahaha
Old 04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish this would happen to me so I could have an excuse to get rid of the lame excuse for a horn jk's come with. I need train horn real bad, but have been placed on the "can't buy it unless it's broken" list by the boss. I'd start with checking for water if you want to fix it. Or u can say u did and that the main flux actuator is broken so u have to replace it, coincidentally the damn thing is like $350 to replace... Now go tell the wife that and then order a real horn...
Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

I looked at it the other day and could see where I splashed mud and water into it. Havent had a chance to take it off yet. I don't care much about it being any louder than normal but I have found that the middle finger is fairly ineffective unless you have a horn to get their attention.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Slewis2604
I looked at it the other day and could see where I splashed mud and water into it. Havent had a chance to take it off yet. I don't care much about it being any louder than normal but I have found that the middle finger is fairly ineffective unless you have a horn to get their attention.
If it did get wet, remove the horn and stick it in a bag with some rice for a day. It sounds crazy, but it works great drying out electronics.

Quick Reply: Horn not working.