Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Horn Problem!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn Problem!

Sooo I went and played in the mud ALL BY MYSELF today haha, it's actually a funny story. I went down this trail thinking I could just turn around if need be, but ended up getting myself into some VERY LARGE VERY MUDDY ruts, in the middle of no where, so I keep going, thinking it will loop me around and back out, but just as I come around the corner there are a bunch of hot guys fixing a truck, "laughin at the stock jeep chick that can't get out" But I pulled off my girlie panties and got myself out and laughed with them... Made for a good today story

ANYWAYS...

When all was said and done my horn gives me a VERY quiet "MEEP" when I honk it... What did I do? And does anyone know how to fix it???? Thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Freak

sounds like it just got muddy. my guess would be to spray out your engine. others might have better advice.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give it a few days to dry out.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xoxoJeepGalxoxo
Sooo I went and played in the mud ALL BY MYSELF today haha, it's actually a funny story. I went down this trail thinking I could just turn around if need be, but ended up getting myself into some VERY LARGE VERY MUDDY ruts, in the middle of no where, so I keep going, thinking it will loop me around and back out, but just as I come around the corner there are a bunch of hot guys fixing a truck, "laughin at the stock jeep chick that can't get out" But I pulled off my girlie panties and got myself out and laughed with them... Made for a good today story

ANYWAYS...

When all was said and done my horn gives me a VERY quiet "MEEP" when I honk it... What did I do? And does anyone know how to fix it???? Thanks

JeepGal you should reread this " I PULLLED OFF MY girlie PANTIES and got myself out and and laughed with them" especially after saying more than one HOT guy..... LOL

It just doesn't sound like you got unstuck for FREE !!!!

Your other posts sounds like you are a nice girl!!! I know I am just reading that wrong!

Ignore the horn it will dry out in a couple weeks and work just fine!!

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 11-18-2007 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOL you guys are horrible! Figure of speech, I didn't literally take em off.. BUT I knew I would get some smarty remarks after saying that, I am fully aware I totally set myself up for it! ha ha

thanks for the help, sounds like I just got it wet and it needs dryin time!
Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xoxoJeepGalxoxo
thanks for the help, sounds like I just got it wet and it needs dryin time!
Panties or the horn? Funny my horn did the same thing yesterday too! And I broke another shock. How is Prineville?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
Panties or the horn? Funny my horn did the same thing yesterday too! And I broke another shock. How is Prineville?

Both... JUST KIDDING!hahaha

Priveville was fabulous, once I left Madras the rain stopped, and when I got out to Prineville the trails were SUPER wet and muddy,clouds were out but no rain, so visibilty was great, which is nice because i was alone! Sadly I forgot my camera :( I won't be forgetting it next time, it made me so mad that I didn't have it! I had her covered in mud, but as soon as I started goin up the mountain to come home it down poured and cleaned off most of the mud! which is nice, less cleaning for me, BUT I didn't get any dirty pics like I wanted :(

How was your little outting to the Till Forest?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

JeepGal you are such a great sport!! ha ha....
by the way did you inquire about the sales rep idea for extra money????? Some of these vendors what you to have experience with their product so they will give it to you (for learning ) and have it installed.....and not want it back !!!!!!

Sorry to hijack thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Remove the horn (just 1 bolt secures it behind the driver side headlight) and dump out the muddy water. You'll be surprised how much it holds. Clean it out and you'll be good to go.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Remove the horn (just 1 bolt secures it behind the driver side headlight) and dump out the muddy water. You'll be surprised how much it holds. Clean it out and you'll be good to go.

Any good suggestions on how to clean it out? I just took it off and shook out a lot of muddy water and blew it out with the air compressor, it is a lot better now, but not workin up to its potential.. I think from here it just needs time to dry but any other suggestions won't hurt!

Quick Reply: Horn Problem!