Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to keep wife from driving my jeep

Old 10-30-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdw293
Actually wrong. She hates when I do anything to a vehicle that's not factory. Like I said earlier I put a winch on the front and she was wanting me to take it off, I put a teraflex leveling kit on and she complained.Only thing I have done so far that she hasn't made a comment on is when I installed cb for trail riding. I'm sure there's tons of other married guys who are the same way about their vehicles( corvette owners,muscle car owners,classic cars in general that wouldn't let their wife drive their cars). I don't mind her driving it every now and then. Hell I let her drive it the day I brought it home. Just don't want her using it everyday as a DD running the miles up and giving me the stink eye when I say something about it.
a real man does not give a **** if his wife drives his ride. i encourage it, time spent together with a hobby brings me closer to my better half.

i assume you prob dont ever have sex or see each other naked. do you even eat breakfast together?
Old 10-30-2014, 05:28 AM
Former Vendor

Well it's hard to beat driving and being seen in a Jeep. Other Jeepers are so friendly and you know how the ladies love to network. Have you thought about making the RAV4 more personal for her? Maybe a sound system upgrade or wheels and tires? Something that she would love to have in her own vehicle. I'm sure once the new wears off for her she'll be back in the RAV. Though you could always pull the ignition relay.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the OP should have posted to a marriage counseling site instead of a Jeep forum.

If you have these issues over a jeep, there are deeper issues at hand.
Old 10-30-2014, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jksteve2013

whats yours is hers and whats hers is yours.

its called marriage.

prob time to end it.
Not you said that wrong. It's what's yours is hers and what's hers is HERS. That the key part lol
Old 10-30-2014, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Not you said that wrong. It's what's yours is hers and what's hers is HERS. That the key part lol
very very good point!!!

i sometimes forget that, but she is sure to remind me quickly and efficiently hahah.
Old 10-30-2014, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are 3 solutions in order of cost.

1) report it stolen
2) another JEEP
3) another wife
Old 10-30-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Air down the tires......
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bdw293
Actually wrong. She hates when I do anything to a vehicle that's not factory. Like I said earlier I put a winch on the front and she was wanting me to take it off, I put a teraflex leveling kit on and she complained.Only thing I have done so far that she hasn't made a comment on is when I installed cb for trail riding. I'm sure there's tons of other married guys who are the same way about their vehicles( corvette owners,muscle car owners,classic cars in general that wouldn't let their wife drive their cars). I don't mind her driving it every now and then. Hell I let her drive it the day I brought it home. Just don't want her using it everyday as a DD running the miles up and giving me the stink eye when I say something about it.
Sounds to me like you are doing a shitty job selling the idea of jeep upgrades. I am making the assumption that you actually wheel your jeep and need these upgrades(if not, I'm with your wife). Think about it like this, if your wife buys an expensive pair of ear rings, you are probably upset. Now, if she tells you this wearing nothing but the ear rings, your reaction to the purchase is probably better. The jeep is no different(don't try taking your clothes off, it doesn't work the same on stuff we want). Take your wife wheeling. LET HER DRIVE! While she is driving, explain why you need certain upgrades, and how they will help make it more enjoyable, or decrease the risk of damaging the jeep. Once you get her to come around to that side, it is easy. I have put a lot of money(not as much as some, but more than most), and more time into my jeep than most anyone on the forum. My wife understands this, as I explained why it needs done, and made it something that she enjoys too.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sell the Rav and buy mods. Embrace it. It's just a vehicle.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:43 AM
JK Newbie

I knew you guys could be tough but dang. Y'all gonna have me signed up for the Dr. Phill show. Actually me and the wife have a great relationship I'm just stingy with my jeep. Also I would never sabotage it to keep her from driving it or hide the keys. I just simply wondered if any one else has had a similar problem and if so give any good advise on how to handle it.

Quick Reply: How to keep wife from driving my jeep