Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to maintain Sunrider top

Old 09-23-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to maintain Sunrider top

Just took delivery of a 2015 Unlimited Sahara in anvil gray. My question is how does everyone maintain the Sunrider premium soft top? Cleaner? Conditioner? How about the windows? How to clean those? Any tips and advise would be appreciated.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Car wash soap then 303 Protectant once a month.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still working on this.. It's clear there are two products over the counter that anyone can obtain.. One I won't use, with the other I was reluctant to use.. The Meguiars convertible cleaner and conditioner is currently in the garage.. I've done some pretreating just to get things started.. but I need a good day and a back that will cooperate to wash this in..

Wet the jeep/top first then spray this on. Using a fuzzy mit.. wipe or rub it into the fabric.. If one hasn't done this.. ever, you maybe have to do it a couple of times.. Works on all outdoor fabrics like the tops and soft doors.. But I would do the soft top first seeing how the cleaner/conditioner leaves a milky film on the jeep.. then spray it off when washing the jeep..

For deep scrubs.. prob best to actually remove the soft top and scrub it on the drive way.. Don't use a stiff brush.. but something like a horse hair brush.. and again you may have to do this several times depending on how long this hasn't been done.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
^^^ this is all you should need. 303 works great.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 09-28-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Even for the twill? I heard you shouldn't use car wash soap on twill.

I do mine completely different. Not saying that way doesn't work, just don't want to chance the car soap turning my top white.

On normal washings, I wet the roof with the hose and then brush it with a horse-hair brush. I use a shoe shine brush but they do sell ones for soft tops specifically. Be aware, the first 5 or 6 times using the brush will leave hairs on the top so get a black one. Then I rinse the roof with the hose. I spray the tinted windows with just water using a small spray bottle and wipe them with a microfiber towel. Approximately once a year, I use a cleaner and conditioner on the roof from Bestop. If the windows are hazy, I will use the Bestop window cleaner made for soft top windows. My roof and windows still look perfect but it's only been a year.

These are the products I use but not necessarily where I bought them.

Bestop 11207-00 - Bestop® Twill Fabric Protectant 16 oz. - Quadratec

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91...FZTm7Aod7GEAmg

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91083_1100.htm

Last edited by 14Sport; 09-28-2014 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

So the premium soft top is actually fabric? Or is it also made of vinyl woven to look like a fabric?
Old 10-13-2014, 01:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SFLJKAlex
So the premium soft top is actually fabric? Or is it also made of vinyl woven to look like a fabric?
It's fabric.

Bestop 54822-17 - Bestop® Supertop® NX Twill Soft Top with Tinted Windows without Doors in Black for 07-15 Jeep® Wrangler JK 2 Door - Quadratec

Trending Topics

Old 10-13-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

303 does make fabric care products - 303 Fabric Top Cleaning and Care Kit
...I have no experience with this product.

This is what I used on my Vipers and was very satisfied - Raggtopp Fabric Cleaner and Protectant Kit

I have not yet cleaned or protected the premium soft top on my JKUR.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

expect 5 to 7 years use out of it

Quick Reply: How to maintain Sunrider top