Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how many have stopped modding? thinking about 2016?

Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jaker t5
And what you going to do if it looks horrible and the suspension sucks , you never know it might look like the new Cherokee
That's definitely a risk, and one of my fears as well. Chrysler might say the new Wrangler is better on paper, but it could be less useful for my needs/likes/budget in reality.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago after I sold my CJ, I had always wanted another Jeep. When I got a good deal on a used TJ, I jumped on it, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted. So when I found the new JK I had been looking for, I traded in the TJ. Now perfectly happy with my JK, I'll continue to mod it to my liking and keep making my payments. If they come out with a new Wrangler I fall in love with, by that time the JK will be paid off and mine forever, then I'll just buy the new one as well. You can never have too many jeeps!

Sent from my unstable mind
Old 02-04-2014, 02:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think its worth to stop modding your jeep now for. You wont loose any value thats for sure. Here in colorado you get more for your trade in with mods. I bought an 07 jk stock 5 years ago for 17k. kept it for a year then traded it in and they gave me 19k for it because I added a lift, tires, and a few other mods. And Some TJs are selling for the same price as 07-08 Jks. They hold their value thats for sure.

The sucky part is, ya get the new jeep when it comes out, but its going to be a long wait for companies to come out with great products. Like when the JK first came out, it wasnt until 2009-2010 that I really started liking the options of all the different products out instead of the very little products people bought early on because it was all that was offered at the time.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm done modding my jeep too!!!! That's it no more mods today!!!
Tomorrow the Genright tire carrier, soon afterwards rear chromoly axle shafts, ARB air locker..... My new 37" MTR's go on in March...
And my first 28hr drive and trip to MOAB in May. Look at the pic my jeep "BIG BEN" was steaming mad after reading the first line of my post lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-509808391.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	528797   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3632656378.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	528798  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 02-04-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
And what you going to do if it looks horrible and the suspension sucks , you never know it might look like the new Cherokee
I honestly laughed out loud when I read that! Yeah; if the next Wrangler looks like the Cherokee I'm moving on!
Old 02-04-2014, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

I think the next wrangler will be a few steps backwards.. IFS is all it would take in my book to go backwards,, and thats even if it had a diesel.
I never understand why people wait for the next update... buy and enjoy...

Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Super Freak

To the original post. My answer is no. As much as many of us are excited for what may come in the next 2-3 years... think about never even having that chance..

Hopefully I don't loose u... hear me out...
Zombies... yes I said it... what if, just what if (since we all like to use that phrase) what if u decided not to mod cause u were waiting. Then the world gets hit with zombies.. then your trying to get away to rural areas. Your driving down the road and find a lot of stranded cars blocking the highway. U try to drive over them (in your stock jeep) and u suddenly get high centered. As u open your door to investigate the next game plan u hear walkers heading your way. ...

stop mod'n= get eaten. Think about it ;-) but don't wait too long. (Evil laugh)
Old 02-04-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaFFFari
To the original post. My answer is no. As much as many of us are excited for what may come in the next 2-3 years... think about never even having that chance..

Zombies... yes I said it... what if, just what if (since we all like to use that phrase) what if u decided not to mod cause u were waiting. Then the world gets hit with zombies.. then your trying to get away to rural areas. Your driving down the road and find a lot of stranded cars blocking the highway. U try to drive over them (in your stock jeep) and u suddenly get high centered. As u open your door to investigate the next game plan u hear walkers heading your way. ...

I need to try whatever you are smoking
Old 02-04-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaFFFari

OMG! You're absolutely correct! Why didn't I think of that??!! Yep; I have plenty of guns and ammo but what if my poor stock JK gets high centered with zombies chasing me??!! Good point; I have to reconsider waiting on any more mods to my JK.
Thanks so much guys; you guys are the best!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk_sea
Chrysler also hasn't had a perfect track record of delivering trouble-free launches in the Wrangler lineup. I'll let the early-adopters work out all the issues, especially with any new engines or Freedom top designs.
Ding Ding Ding!!! Winner Winner!!!

My 2008 Dodge Ram with the 6.7L Cummings diesel engine (released 9 months previously) was in the shop 10 times in 8 months for the same DPF problem. The Chrysler engineer flew down twice from Detroit suggested I Lemon Law it (off record). I did, and Chrysler sent it straight to auction, leaving it to be someone else's problem.

Now my 2012 JKU Freedom Top won't stop leaking, after five repairs.

Chrysler engineers are f*cking idiots (most anyway). Never buy a first year model, stick to at least a late built second year model...

Quick Reply: how many have stopped modding? thinking about 2016?