Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how many have stopped modding? thinking about 2016?

Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by navin r
So how many of you have stopped modding because you're thinking about the 2016 Wrangler? I know I have, I never did anything really major to my 11' JKUR, but now I get those various Jeep parts catalogs in the mail and I start thinking;... it's now Feb. 2014, the next Wrangler could be out for 2016, when might we see it for sale? ...fall of 2015? That's only maybe 19 months away. No point in buying too much for my 11' when I'll probably be looking at the next Wrangler. Yes I know the next Wrangler might be delayed, but I think it'll be another big improvement over the current version, just like the JK was over the TJ. Personally I would like to see the next Wrangler with similar off road ability and much improved fuel economy. My image of the next Wrangler is a little longer, a little wider, and a little lower, with portal axles for much better ground clearance even though it's a bit lower; sort of a cross with an H1 look, but more aerodynamic. So how many of you are thinking twice about doing any more to your JK?
Are you actually my wife posing as a member of this forum trying to talk me out of modding because you think I spend too much money? Well, it's not going to work baby! I'm on to you. I know I told you I'm going to buy the new Wrangler when it comes out, but that doesn't mean I need to stop moving forward with the Jeep I have now. That's just crazy talk! I'll stop modding when you rip the debit card from my cracked, greasy, bloody knuckled, hands!
Old 02-05-2014, 12:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i bought a 2011 sport

then the 12s were to be new engine and all I traded up to the rubicon for my needs but to be honest the 12s have more issues than the 11 did motor wise not that ive had major problems but over all . I think we can wait for something new and find out that thing get cheaper in quality as time goes on the way things are going currently in usa . until things change up id invest in the one you have with anticipation that the future jeep will prob be less rather than more for your money, Where have all the good times gone ? were going forward when we should be going back to get things of better quality. These concepts haven't just began gas milage hasn't got any better over the years either on a large scale .Click image for larger version

Name:	971914_10153814696065381_1839897383_n.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	528973 remember when you could stand on your fathers hood of the car and not even scratch it never mind dent ! put some 35s on her Sherlock
Old 02-05-2014, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not worried nor really even thinking about any future Wranglers. The way I'm fixing my 07 up, there aint nothing they could come out with that would be badder than mine imo. I'll enjoy fixing mine up, and enjoy the trips I take it in. Hell I might not even live another two years to want to wait for something. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. I'll try to enjoy my life while I'm here and have it. Hopefully the friends I make along the way will be right there with me.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by D3ADLY
I'm not worried nor really even thinking about any future Wranglers. The way I'm fixing my 07 up, there aint nothing they could come out with that would be badder than mine imo. I'll enjoy fixing mine up, and enjoy the trips I take it in. Hell I might not even live another two years to want to wait for something. Tomorrow is never guaranteed. I'll try to enjoy my life while I'm here and have it. Hopefully the friends I make along the way will be right there with me.
Well said! I am also happy with my 2007 and expect to keep playing with it. It's paid for!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm waiting for the 100th anniversary 2041 Jeep... I heard by then they will finally have the diesel thats been rumored for the last 20 years and a soft top that doesn't leak
Old 02-05-2014, 07:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hypeiv
I'm waiting for the 100th anniversary 2041 Jeep... I heard by then they will finally have the diesel thats been rumored for the last 20 years and a soft top that doesn't leak
I'll be 80 that year so maybe I'll buy one with you. But for now I'm jeeping with my '13
Old 02-05-2014, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hope the new Jeep is significantly different, but great and sells like hot cakes! Then maybe, freaking JK aftermarket parts will start coming down in price as the aftermarket companies start reducing their inventory......
Old 02-05-2014, 10:58 PM
JK Newbie

I have an 11 and I'll drive it till the motor stops........ Then its HEMI time
Old 02-06-2014, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Perfectly happy with my '11 and don't plan on getting rid of it or stopping the mods. My feeling is that its inevitable that the Wrangler will take a step BACKWARDS, at least from an enthusiasts point of view. With all the government mandates and other crap its surprising that the Wrangler has survived in a tradition "Jeep" form for as long as it has.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm also on board with the majority. I love my 13' wouldn't trade it for any car/truck in the market and defiantly wouldn't trade modding it for a jeep that hasn't even came out yet! Lol IMO you should slow down and enjoy your jk till the day you are driving it to get traded/sold.

But if that's what you really want to do don't get discouraged by everyone. Do what you want, every person is different.

Quick Reply: how many have stopped modding? thinking about 2016?