Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?

Old 03-01-2015, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got rid of my 11 2DR had for almost 4yr with about 5k in mods traded for a tundra. Which I have to say has gotten good use but it's still not my jeep.

For now I'm keeping the truck need the extra room and ability to haul and pick up supplies. But I will be in a jeep again in the near future.

If you have the ability to keep the jeep and buy another vehicle then do that you won't regret it like most of us have who have gotten rid ours
Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 AM
JK Newbie

I only had my 13 JKUR Dozer for about 9 months when the wife and I decided we are going to get into camping with a 5th wheeler so we need a big truck.

So I trade in my Jeep and old truck on a 2014 Ram 3500 turbo diesel.

Plans changed once again and we are not getting into RV'ing now. So I told the wife the truck is nice and all but I need a Rubicon for my DD.

I just ordered a 2015 JKUR in Baja Yellow on Thursday. Now I can just sit back and shop for accessories until it comes in. I don think I'll be without a Jeep again.

Moral of the story the only acceptable reason to trade in your Wrangler is for another Wrangler.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I just sold mine last week , I miss it a little but not as much as I thought I would

It did help that I replaced it with something right away, but only time will tell
What did you replace it with?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by etl330
So I listed my JKU on eBay and within 24 hours I had to pull it down. It's a '13 and I've put an insane amount of miles on it so I was thinking of getting out of it and into something cheaper or newer. Then I had the idea to move into a new JKU and start over again. Anyway, I just couldn't do it because I knew I would miss the Jeep life. Anyone ever actually gone through with the sale and then came back? Talk me out of selling this thig!
I have been playing with the idea of getting out of my 13 jku with 51k miles for something else. Just can't do it, other cars are nice, but they aren't a Jeep.

Would trade it in for a 2015, but local dealer that has the 15 I want is being a prick on pricing.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AnthemAVM
What did you replace it with?
Motorcycles for me and the wife
Old 03-02-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is the difference between those that own a Jeep and Jeep Owners. Jeep Owners post here. Those that merely own a Jeep don't even know this forum exists. The Jeep is just another lease that they will run through before moving on to the next vehicle.

I started with an 84 Cherokee Chief, Then a 87 YJ. Kep the YJ and sold the Chief for a 96 Grand. Sold that for a 2000 Grand but kept the YJ. Then, I sold the YJ. A year later, I bought the YJ back. Sold it for a TJ, sold the TJ for the JK and have not been Jeepless since 2001. The great thing is that the family gets it and will always make sure there's a Jeep in the garage.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BillyJack
This is the difference between those that own a Jeep and Jeep Owners. Jeep Owners post here. Those that merely own a Jeep don't even know this forum exists. The Jeep is just another lease that they will run through before moving on to the next vehicle. I started with an 84 Cherokee Chief, Then a 87 YJ. Kep the YJ and sold the Chief for a 96 Grand. Sold that for a 2000 Grand but kept the YJ. Then, I sold the YJ. A year later, I bought the YJ back. Sold it for a TJ, sold the TJ for the JK and have not been Jeepless since 2001. The great thing is that the family gets it and will always make sure there's a Jeep in the garage.
Winner winner chicken dinner!
Old 03-02-2015, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Bought an 06 TJ brand new. Had it for three years, traded it for an 04 WJ when my second child was born, bought a couple CJ's and a 66 FSJ years down the road, all to come back to a Wrangler. 2011 JKU Sport 6 spd. Finally know what I belong in...Wrangler.
Old 03-03-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had a 2010 JKU that I had spent quite a bit of money modding. Unfortunately I never got around to re-gearing or supercharging, and the 3.21 gears with the 3.8L on 35's just wasn't cutting it. I sold it to buy an 06 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7L HEMI. That was fun for a few days, until I realized how much that vehicle didn't feel like me.

I took a pretty big hit financially going back to a Wrangler, but it was well worth it. I have a 14 JKU now, and the difference in the interior and power is well worth the money IMO. You'll miss your Wrangler I'm sure, but do what's best for you.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sort of in that boat now...

Had a 2007 JK sport and absolutely loved it! Bar none, my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. Fast forward to 2012 and I'm now married, bought a house and have a kiddo on the way. Trade it in for a 2012 Unlimited.

I kept the unlimited for about 1.5 years and then bought a car (Focus ST). I love the car but now I have 2 kiddos and I'm out of cargo space and the car isn't the best in Upstate NY weather.

So now I contemplate getting rid of the ST for another Unlimited. I've also considered keeping the ST and buying an older JK sport, but would rather not tack on another vehicle to inspect, insure, etc.

Quick Reply: How many of you have sold a Wrangler just to miss it and buy another?