Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hypothetical Over the road Trailer

Old 04-14-2014, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypothetical Over the road Trailer

Just what's needed, yet another trailer thread... But I've not seen done what I'm thinking about. Maybe there's a reason and I should reconsider? Any and all thoughts welcome.

The goal is not an off road trailer, sadly. We'll spend a few weeks in Colorado this summer, but it's a long drive to get there with 2 teens, wife, 2 bicycles and a 75 pound Labrador retriever.

Trailer needs to be enclosed to secure bikes and camping gear. In a perfect world, I could put my jeep doors (4) in it while exploring trails. It needs to be as small as possible to mitigate wind and towing challenges. Given the width of the JKU, I'm thinking a 4x6' cargo trailer, preferably with tires bigger than a donunt. I'd like to keep the height in line or below the roof of my jeep for aerodynamic purposes (6'3"). My jeep is has the 3.8, though super charged with RIPP.

So, let's hear your thoughts and experiences :-)

Quick Reply: Hypothetical Over the road Trailer