Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I know im not the only shooter here

Old 11-21-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spanky1989
I'm thinking about making myself a rack similar to the one posted earlier but I'm not crazy about them being over my head. I'm going to see about making one for either over the rear seat or behind it on the back part of the roll bars.
I was contimplating mounting the overhead one back there
Old 11-22-2014, 12:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black_14_jks

I was contimplating mounting the overhead one back there
Check out High Sierra 4x4 all kinds of mounts.....
Old 11-22-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm thinking about making myself a rack similar to the one posted earlier but I'm not crazy about them being over my head. I'm going to see about making one for either over the rear seat or behind it on the back part of the roll bars.
They make a high lift jack mount that goes overhead but over the back cargo area...it wouldn't take much to convert to something that holds a long gun or two. They would then be in the back where the rest of your gear is and out from over your head.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think Dominion Off Road offers one...not sure how to do the link...sorry.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not a fan of racks. We use half a dozen different Hardigg cases. You can lock them, and then lock them to things and they have nicer latches than Pelican, although both now are the same company.
Old 11-24-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have my Hi-Lift, a shovel, an axe, and a Hi-Lift mud/sand base all bolted up in that spot. Jeep Swag/Dominion Off-Road makes the attachments, using Quickfist clamps, that holds the shovel and the axe. I think it could be easily modified using different Quickfist to hold a rifle, shotgun, or two.

Last edited by kmrtnsn; 11-24-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: I know im not the only shooter here