Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I would like to thank Full Traction

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I would like to thank Full Traction

Just wanting to say thanks to the guys over at full traction. 1. For not putting grease fittings in the track bars. I can't understand why you would make a system that has 20 joints on it and grease all but 4 of them.

Last edited by MAROONJEEP; 11-20-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: I took out the first reason. I will take that up with them
Old 11-20-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Freak

I love the kit besides that. Too bad its a little hard to enjoy with all the clicking and clanging
Old 11-20-2007, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Hmmm, this should be interesting
Old 11-20-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm just curious...have you tried pulling the bushings out and covering them with white lithium grease inside and out? I did that 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard anymore clicking. I know some guys like to use the thick axle grease (BLKRubi? I think). I'm not convinced my problem has gone away completely however this is the longest time it's been with no clicking.

Yes, this should be interesting.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Replacing the disconnect solution with the JKS quick disconnects will make a big difference in the click-clacking. I also am annoyed by the noises my FT Ultimate suspension makes. I keep a can of white lithium grease and silicon to try and help mitigate the issue. The other annoying thing you'll find is when you load the Jeep down with gear and people, the shocks (or bushings) will groan and squeak. I am going to replace the shocks next time I'm home with an alternative solution. I went with the M-Force shocks as well so its not like I tried to take the cheap way out.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

No those are the measurements i used. He said i should have no issues with esp but i do.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanm
The other annoying thing you'll find is when you load the Jeep down with gear and people, the shocks (or bushings) will groan and squeak. I am going to replace the shocks next time I'm home with an alternative solution. I went with the M-Force shocks as well so its not like I tried to take the cheap way out.
Did you use the stock shock bushings or Full Traction's... If you use the Stock bushings you wont have anymore squeaking..
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryanm
Replacing the disconnect solution with the JKS quick disconnects will make a big difference in the click-clacking. I also am annoyed by the noises my FT Ultimate suspension makes. I keep a can of white lithium grease and silicon to try and help mitigate the issue. The other annoying thing you'll find is when you load the Jeep down with gear and people, the shocks (or bushings) will groan and squeak. I am going to replace the shocks next time I'm home with an alternative solution. I went with the M-Force shocks as well so its not like I tried to take the cheap way out.
Im using teraflex quick discos and had no noise before i put this lift on. I just pulled the rear off and installed a grease fitting and that fixed the noise in the rear after i filled it with grease. I am pulling the front in a few to put another fitting in.
JK Junkie

Wow a negative comment about FT.That adds to my confusion on what lift to get......great!
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
Did you use the stock shock bushings or Full Traction's... If you use the Stock bushings you wont have anymore squeaking..
I will try that one too.

Quick Reply: I would like to thank Full Traction