Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I'm in a Dilemma and need advice from JK brothers

Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm in a Dilemma and need advice from JK brothers

I'm in a dilemma. I have a $700 budget for August to spend on Either my JK or Guns. There is a local Gun show coming up on the weekend of August 3rd and I was wondering what you would do?

I can Either Spend the money on my JK I would get:

JKS Front quicker disco system $155
Smitty built SRC Rocker Guards $320
Smitty built SRC Rear Stinger $150

OR Go to the Gun show and get:

100 Rounds 5.7X28mm $80 (estimate)
200 Rounds S&W .40 Cal $90 (estimate)
Gun cleaning kit $30 (estimate)
Bare bones striped down
AR 15 $500 (estimate)

Here is a Picture of my current AR build I have parts on order for it. I kinda just pieced it together I need to take it to a gunsmith to get the gas block flip up sight put on right.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AR 15.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	474639  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd mix it up, get your disco's and rocker armor, pick up some ammo in place of the rear stinger
Old 07-04-2013, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you already have the AR based on what you said/picture?

If you do I wouldn't buy another but that's just me. If you have accessories but not the gun then id buy the firearm. And spend what you have left on the Jeep. Ammo while hard to find you'll be able to get later. Gun may be harder to get. Jeep accessories will always be there (and likely to see improvements either in technology or price).

I'm in a similar situation. I'm leaning buying the firearm for same reasons listed above.

That an ARMS flip front? If so its a nice sight.

Good luck!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Junkie

That an ARMS flip front? If so its a nice sight.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Its not a ARMS. But it is a Yankee Hill Machine one I picked up for $90. I didn't realize you needed a special tool to remove the stock gas block. So I just bolted it to the barrel as a temporary backup sight. I have some quad handrails and a surefire X300 light on order. I kinda put my guns on the back burner for the last 6 months putting over 4K into my new Jeep. But with the gun scare and ammo getting hard to get. I want to get my ammo supply up in case they start limiting purchases. I also want to get another AR before they ban them for civilian purchase. Whats the point of having guns if you don't have the ammo to fire.

I heard that Wal-Mart, Dicks, and other retailers are limiting ammo purchases to 3 boxes per day. I dont know, I haven't tried to buy any ammo in the last year because I'v been spending it on the Jeep
Old 07-04-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like you already made up your mind bud. Haha. And unless you're prepping for some zombie war (sorry to those of you into that, I'm just not) 3 boxes of ammo daily over however many days is a lot of ammo. If you're really into shooting then go for it but an AR is an AR especially if its a semi-auto and you dont shoot competitively or need it for work. To me, you can only shoot one at a time so why buy more than one but that's just me.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you were leaning towards a different style gun then id say go get the gun (similar to what I'm doing) but otherwise id buy some ammo for my current one and spend the rest on jeep stuff.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

I want to have 2 AR 15's because I want one for my Wife and one for me

I dont have a Gun collection I just want to have a Rifle and a Side Arm for my wife and myself. To me I'd rather have the guns and not need them. Than need the guns and not have them.

I think what I'm going to do is go to the gun show see what they have to offer. If they have some good deals I'll buy something. If they don't I can always get the Jeep parts.

As far as I know Jeep parts are not being put on the chopping block up on capital hill so I think I can wait for the gun show and see what they have

Anyone else having the Jeep Parts or Guns/Ammo problem?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I want to have 2 AR 15's because I want one for my Wife and one for me

I dont have a Gun collection I just want to have a Rifle and a Side Arm for my wife and myself. To me I'd rather have the guns and not need them. Than need the guns and not have them.

I think what I'm going to do is go to the gun show see what they have to offer. If they have some good deals I'll buy something. If they don't I can always get the Jeep parts.

As far as I know Jeep parts are not being put on the chopping block up on capital hill so I think I can wait for the gun show and see what they have

Anyone else having the Jeep Parts or Guns/Ammo problem?
Sounds like a good plan to me bud! Enjoy!!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

What AR are you thinking about getting for $500? Just curious
Old 07-04-2013, 10:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bootman83
Sounds like a good plan to me bud! Enjoy!!
Thanks I will. Me and my wife always enjoy a good gun show even if we don't buy anything. Its an excuse to Drive to Raleigh stay at the Embassy suites and have a relaxing weekend.

Quick Reply: I'm in a Dilemma and need advice from JK brothers