Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Importing my JK to Canada

Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing my JK to Canada

So it's been a full year now and I must say can't be happier with my choice to bring a border jumper into Canada. Saved huge and am now thinking about the 4 door model for me and the kids - 2 door doesn't cut it. Was looking around and came across a new company that is handling import/export at car4par.com Anyone heard of these people but like the logic behind their stick anyway. Let me know and thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I'm a little concerned.....

Ever hear of the addage 'if it sounds too good to be true maybe it isn't'
Don't know squat about the company you mentioned but
-I have no interest in looking them up for info
-Why isn't being sold in the home country?
-What are the costs to upgrading it or inspected to meet Canadian DOT standards to get a plate for it? eg daytime running headlights etc
-What recourse do you have it you find out later that it was a write-off due to storm flooding/major collision damage rebuild or if it was reported as stolen?
-In the cost before you pay the full amount have the import duties/taxes and any border brokerage fees been covered?

I don't want to break any bubbles here but I've learned a lot in the past to know how not to be ripped off again

Quick Reply: Importing my JK to Canada