Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Insurance Company Recommendation

Old 08-08-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Allstate, and they also told me if it's on the Jeep, it's covered.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do any of you that have been told that "if it is on the Jeep it is covered" actually have that backed up in writing from your agent? I find it hard to believe that a company will cover a vehicle for way more than it was worth stock without charging for it somehow.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKZinger
Do any of you that have been told that "if it is on the Jeep it is covered" actually have that backed up in writing from your agent? I find it hard to believe that a company will cover a vehicle for way more than it was worth stock without charging for it somehow.
I have it in writing. I also pay for a serious amount of coverage. I don't carry the cheapest policy they offer.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
Yeah same here. My agent said "If it's on your jeep, it's covered." He even said if I don't have a receipt for a part but can find it on the Internet, that's good enough too. Find a new agent.
As long as you have pictures of it on the jeep you should be fine as well
Old 08-08-2015, 08:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JK-FREAK
I have it in writing. I also pay for a serious amount of coverage. I don't carry the cheapest policy they offer.
my sister use to work for State Farm and she said the same but we have full coverage for all our vehicles
Old 08-08-2015, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Reave
Weird.. My wife and I have state farm for both jeeps... they insured every mod I have. They just requested I keep receipts or invoices for all mods. Your agent sucks.

Agents do not determine whats covered for your jeep or not. Better get something in writing before something happens.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:51 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Just in joy
Agents do not determine whats covered for your jeep or not. Better get something in writing before something happens.
This. Unless you're paying for CPE coverage or have a stated-value policy, you may not have sufficient coverage on your aftermarket parts--most insurance companies limit modification coverage to $1000-1500. That is clearly stated in every policy I've had in the past 30-35 years (this actually started with the expensive painted art that was popular on vans back in the 80s). Don't believe this? Don't ask your agent what your policy says; read it! USAA (which I now have) actually limits it to $5,000, which is rather high. USAA recently started offering "car replacement assistance" coverage, which pays 20% above their calculation for the value of your total vehicle loss. That costs all of $5 each six months, so seemed worth it. You can read more info on CPE and stated-value coverages here ...

Aftermarket parts and insurance | CarInsurance.com

Quick Reply: Insurance Company Recommendation