Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

issues with trektop NX out of the box?

Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default issues with trektop NX out of the box?

Hey all, I had a question for you trektop NX owners. I just picked up my new trektop nx yesterday and when I opened up the box I noticed two plastic fins that seemed to have broken off from somewhere. Turns out they are from each end of the header bar and the corners of the top seem to be bent in which caused the fins to break off. I essentially was curious if this is a common issue or I'm just an exception. I plan on calling bestop's customer service but it sucks having to wait till monday so in the mean time I thought I'd see if anyone had a similar experience.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pictures of what you're talking about? The top is curved, so I'm not sure what you are referring to
Old 07-13-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Warranty goes through the vendor you bought from. Call them, bestop will ship you new parts, but you have to deal with where you bought it.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

I figured I would need pictures. I guess you can see better what's going on, just sucks hardcore since I was looking forward to taking off the hard top for the first time since I got the jeep last year.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ds1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	477581Click image for larger version

Name:	ds2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	477582Click image for larger version

Name:	ps1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	477583Click image for larger version

Name:	ps2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	477584
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rethyk
I figured I would need pictures. I guess you can see better what's going on, just sucks hardcore since I was looking forward to taking off the hard top for the first time since I got the jeep last year.
Your top should function without them, but you may or may not have a leak in that area. I haven't heard of anyone else with that problem...

Here are pics of where that tab sits:

The area behind it (toward the inside of the jeep) is raised and has weather seals. I doubt those tabs keep anything out and are primarily to line it up, but I don't see them as a necessity if you wanted to run it now and wait for a replacement to come in.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for those pics, looks like I could still put it on but would have to bend back the metal inserts that are bent for it to sit flush. Time to bring out the hammer I guess lol
Old 07-13-2013, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're anxious to put it on, go for it. They will likely you just send you a new top (the part that is broken). One of the seams in the back part of my trektop tore when I tried to zip it up. They sent me the entire top piece, no questions asked (and let me keep the broken top). They seem to have excellent customer service...
Old 07-13-2013, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TXBeachJK
If you're anxious to put it on, go for it. They will likely you just send you a new top (the part that is broken). One of the seams in the back part of my trektop tore when I tried to zip it up. They sent me the entire top piece, no questions asked (and let me keep the broken top). They seem to have excellent customer service...
That's impressive.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Bestop has great customer support they will probably ship you another main top on Monday.. I would put in on, take some pictures and let them ship you a new main top and let them decide if they want the other one back....

^^x2 I also had an issue with my main top. Basically I had to go to 4WP and have them look at it.. then when I called Bestop told them the problem they had me have 4WP submit the return etc..
I had another top within the week.... they also didn't want the other main top back.. not that you can sell it you need hardware etc to do that....

Quick Reply: issues with trektop NX out of the box?