Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JCR Vanguard Rear Bumper vs Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Rear Bumper

Old 01-01-2017, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JCR Vanguard Rear Bumper vs Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Rear Bumper

I have been doing some research on rear bumpers, both these fulfill all of my needs. There is obviously a price difference the 2 and the JCR is made in the good ol' US of A. I would like y'all to chime in with your thoughts. Here are the links to both bumpers.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12249_150X_PG.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_210X_A_PG.htm
Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by navman
I have been doing some research on rear bumpers, both these fulfill all of my needs. There is obviously a price difference the 2 and the JCR is made in the good ol' US of A. I would like y'all to chime in with your thoughts. Here are the links to both bumpers. http://www.quadratec.com/products/12249_150X_PG.htm http://www.quadratec.com/products/12057_210X_A_PG.htm
I have the smittybilt src front and rear without the tire carrier. I like mine it looks good and I liked the lights in the bumper. The light are pretty bright and it all looks good. My only complaint with it is when I had stock rubi tires that the tire would hit the bumper so I just added some nuts to the lugs which brought it out far enough. Now I have 35s knowing that it wouldn't fit on from the start I got online and looked up a solution. Smittybilt makes a spacer it's about 50 bucks bring your rear tire out 2 inches and up 2 inches it works perfect but i lost my light the tire is over it now. That's my experience with the smittybilt bumper but i overall like the look
Old 01-01-2017, 10:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dnewell22
I have the smittybilt src front and rear without the tire carrier. I like mine it looks good and I liked the lights in the bumper. The light are pretty bright and it all looks good. My only complaint with it is when I had stock rubi tires that the tire would hit the bumper so I just added some nuts to the lugs which brought it out far enough. Now I have 35s knowing that it wouldn't fit on from the start I got online and looked up a solution. Smittybilt makes a spacer it's about 50 bucks bring your rear tire out 2 inches and up 2 inches it works perfect but i lost my light the tire is over it now. That's my experience with the smittybilt bumper but i overall like the look

I had the same issue when i bought my XRC bumpers but it bitched to a rep and they sent me the adapter for free : )
Old 01-02-2017, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There's a reason the Smitty is cheaper. Long ago I had the 'affordable' brand items on my vehicle and as funds allowed, I upgraded.

You're concerned about the price, have you considered JCR's extension/ sister company Victory? You get a little more 'raw' product but with it comes a price drop.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Call JCR and ask them if they are running any specials or discounts. Mention Pizza. Maybe it'll save you 10% or so.

Although SmittyBilt makes some decent products, they don't use the same quality steel as many US made bumpers. The Chinese will cut corners wherever they can. JCR puts a lot of time into engineering these things to take a beating. They have also started e-coating their products before powder coating for a more durable finish.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dnewell22
Thank you for your input, am leaning more towards the JCR , the LOD Destroyer looks pretty good too.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't forget about ace engineering. They are Michigan made as well as JCR. Their prices are pretty good too. I have the pro series bumper and tire carrier. Not a rattle squeak or peep from the bumper. The only down side is the powder coat isn't the best. But it's beefy.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:29 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cedarraider
Don't forget about ace engineering. They are Michigan made as well as JCR. Their prices are pretty good too. I have the pro series bumper and tire carrier. Not a rattle squeak or peep from the bumper. The only down side is the powder coat isn't the best. But it's beefy.
Thanks for confusing me!! J/k , that is a great option.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by navman
Thanks for confusing me!! J/k , that is a great option.
That's how I roll. For me it was between ace and jcr. When ace ran their Black Friday sale there was no way to pass it up. I got he bumper tire tire carrier plate relocate and jerry can holder for a little over 900. And after running it and hanging with the guys on drummond island it was a great call. But you can't go wrong with any of the big shops.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

You won't be disappoint with JCR. I have their Dagger stubby and its a fine piece of work.

Quick Reply: JCR Vanguard Rear Bumper vs Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Rear Bumper