Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JCR Vanguard Rear Bumper vs Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Rear Bumper

Old 01-08-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I love my xrc rear bumper. Had it for over 2 yrs and it looks good as new. It is rated to tow 5000 pounds. Most bumpers don't give a certified value for tow capacity. The xrc does and i have towed 5000 pounds with it.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You

Nice! Thanks for the shoutout. We really tried to make something as solid as a concrete wall with this new line!

Originally Posted by navman
Thank you for your input, am leaning more towards the JCR , the LOD Destroyer looks pretty good too.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just an FYI, I recently bought a Smitty XRC Gen 2 rear bumper and tire carrier combo. Some of the parts for the tire carrier don't line up properly, causing it to sit at a slight angle. 4 Wheel Parts is working with Smitty to get the re-designed parts. There were a few sold by them in Las Vegas that have this issue. I'm sure it will get resolved, but if you go with the XRC, I'd ask about the problem before buying so you can avoid the hassle. Overall, I'm really pleased with the bumper.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by nvglockster
Just an FYI, I recently bought a Smitty XRC Gen 2 rear bumper and tire carrier combo. Some of the parts for the tire carrier don't line up properly, causing it to sit at a slight angle. 4 Wheel Parts is working with Smitty to get the re-designed parts. There were a few sold by them in Las Vegas that have this issue. I'm sure it will get resolved, but if you go with the XRC, I'd ask about the problem before buying so you can avoid the hassle. Overall, I'm really pleased with the bumper.
what was the issue with the bumper? Or was it the carrier. I just bought the front and rear combo myself but haven't installed the carrier yet. I'm happy with the quality and features of it myself. I looked at JCR as well. i have their sliders.

Last edited by casamtb; 01-12-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

My I installed my XRC rear, bolt holes on the passenger side were slightly out of alignment. This is where the bumper attaches to the frame rails. I put a floor jack under the bumper and applied some upward pressure to get the holes to align. Then I tightened up all the bolts.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Default LoD Destroyer?

I just ordered the LoD Destroyer full width rear bumper w/ tire carrier.
I chose this one because I wanted the tire carrier to open with the rear door, but I like the option of opening it separately also. I also liked that it is full width and lines up with the stock fender flairs. And it has the integrated receiver hitch that is tucked up out of the way.
It has many optional components that can be changed out as my needs change.

Is any one else currently running this bumper? I ordered it yesterday and feel like a kid waiting for Christmas for it to arrive, I hope I won't be disappointed!

Quick Reply: JCR Vanguard Rear Bumper vs Smittybilt XRC Gen 2 Rear Bumper