Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jeep jt confirmed for 2009?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep jt confirmed for 2009?

It is rummorded that Truck Trend Magazine has said that the new JT Pickup is being tested and is confirmed for future production for this coming 2009 in this months issue. Has anyone seen this in the magazine?

http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=2010
Old 11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got that issue...it doesn't "confirm" anything. It just shows pics of Jeep testing it....it's an "Unlimted" without the rear doors....and rear leafs instead of coils, and a Dana 60 rear axle. It doesn't say for sure that it's gonna be a 2009 model, or if it's actually gonna be produced for that matter. The title of the article is "2009 Jeep Pickup"....maybe that's where the confusion lies? There may be newer information since this issue though.....it's been out for about a month.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bridman225
It is rummorded that Truck Trend Magazine has said that the new JT Pickup is being tested and is confirmed for future production for this coming 2009 in this months issue. Has anyone seen this in the magazine?

http://www.jeepnewsnow.com/modules/n...p?storyid=2010
And yet, on another board, an employee at the Jeep plant who has been a very reliable source recently posted that the JT had been scrapped a month ago.

I'd rather see the Gladiator anyway. Not that I'm holding my breath...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DanW
And yet, on another board, an employee at the Jeep plant who has been a very reliable source recently posted that the JT had been scrapped a month ago.

I'd rather see the Gladiator anyway. Not that I'm holding my breath...
Can the employee tell us when we will have a diesel JK??????
Old 11-06-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jpaddict
Can the employee tell us when we will have a diesel JK??????
After reading the original post about the "very reliable Jeep employee" ...I don't think he is very reliable at all....He also said that quite a few cars were on the cutting block like the 300/charger and the Nitro....I can't see them cutting any of these vehicles when they are the best selling they have.....That just would not be a good business decision....This is why I don't think he is a very reliable source!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Out at SEMA it seemed like everyone said it wont be made. Too bad.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
After reading the original post about the "very reliable Jeep employee" ...I don't think he is very reliable at all....He also said that quite a few cars were on the cutting block like the 300/charger and the Nitro....I can't see them cutting any of these vehicles when they are the best selling they have.....That just would not be a good business decision....This is why I don't think he is a very reliable source!!!!
Hmmm... Don't recall reading any posts from him (Toledo...) about the 300s, et.al. but I may have missed it. I suspect we're referring to different sources. At any rate, I'd be real surprised if the JT was brought to market any time soon in the current climate at Chrysler.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DanW
Hmmm... Don't recall reading any posts from him (Toledo...) about the 300s, et.al. but I may have missed it. I suspect we're referring to different sources. At any rate, I'd be real surprised if the JT was brought to market any time soon in the current climate at Chrysler.
You may have a point...There could be many "very reliable sources of Jeep employees" so we may be talking about different people!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Personally, I hope that they DON'T come out with the JT (because then I'd

Last edited by MJS_Jeep_888; 11-07-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Personally, I hope that they DON'T come out with the JT (because then I'd
You'd what?

Quick Reply: jeep jt confirmed for 2009?