Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Military Discount

Old 11-27-2012, 03:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Jeep Military Discount

This past week I decided it was time to add another Jeep to the family and purchased a 2013 Rubicon Unlimited. While at the dealership the told me that there was a military discount for retired military. Caveat; I'm medically retired because of injuries I sustained in Iraq a few years ago. After I received my Purple Heart, they retired me and sent me on my way. After the dealership took a look at my ID, they told me that in order to receive that discount ($500 off) I had to complete 20 years of service. This is a Jeep policy and not the dealership so I've got no hard feelings towards them. They are simply repeating what corporate guidelines have been set forth to them.
I took the time and wrote Jeep customer service about the issue, basically stating that I shouldn't be denied the discount because I was combat injured and retired. Retired is retired, we all have the same blue ID card. The reply I received was nothing more than a copy and paste of who they give the discounts to, obviously missing was combat vets.
Last night I posted up on their FB site putting the situation out there for all to see. I'm hoping that someone actually reads it and changes some of their policies. I think it's terrible that they would deny the military discount to service members who were forcibly retired due to combat injury.
Just an FYI if anyone else has the same situation.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help you out on a similar experience but just wanted to thank you for your service. I also agree with you that it is not a good policy and should be changed. Retired is retired especially if it was due to combat injuries.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Firelyle
I can't help you out on a similar experience but just wanted to thank you for your service. I also agre e with you that it is not a good policy and should be changed. Retired is retired especially if it was due to combat injuries.
I could not agree more with this! Again thank you for serving our country! Jeep need to rewrite this policy to cover our combat wounded retired vets too!
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

A heartfelt thank you to you both, I appreciate it. I just don't want some other military members getting blind sided by this policy.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. So it is only active duty and if you retired after 20 years. That is not right at all.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 AM
Former Member

Absolutely wrong. Can you please send me the dealership information? We have Veteran Associations to deal with BS like this.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not the dealership, it's Jeep's corporate policy. The dealership had nothing to do with it. Thanks for the offer though
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Former Member

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The National VFW rep will contact corporate today.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thank you

To the OP:
Sir, a sincere thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Originally Posted by gyoja75
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. The National VFW rep will contact corporate today.
Awesome. Thats the great thing about this Jeep community. There are so many of us, always willing to reach out and help others and do the right thing. Well done sir and I thank you for your service as well.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you again for all of the support, I really do appreciate it but the true heroes are the guys still deployed doing the work.
I just got off of the phone with Jeep's customer service (I guess posting in a forum and on social media gets some attention) and they have asked for a few pieces of information then will be cutting a check to me for the $500 rebate that was denied last week. I've got to give them credit for doing what is right and hopefully now they'll relook their policy.
Thanks again all!

Quick Reply: Jeep Military Discount