Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?

I was wondering, is there a different specific wave for Jeeps then a wave you would give on a bike? I have been waving to all Jeeps since I picked mine up 2 weeks ago with my normal biker wave -- kind of a three finger (middle, index and thumb) wave off to the side. Most of the waves I have received back are normal full upright hand type waves.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Well. This is my third Wrangler, and I've always done the "raise four fingers off the steering wheel wave" or a peace sign. I'm also glad I've been seeing more waves since first buying the JK. I was beginning to worry for a while. I'm just very well aware that the yuppie, soccer mom types aren't in the know. Also, I think Jeep dealers have become less interested since I bought my TJ in '01. They used to give new buyers a briefing.

Either way, any wave is appreciated by most true Jeepers and might point the unknowing in the right direction. In the words of one of my co-workers that recently bought his first Jeep, "I was wondering why all these dudes were waving to me..."
Old 05-07-2010, 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

It is hard enough to get waves sometimes that I tend to make sure the wave is seen. No criptic type waves...

Keep wavin'

Pete
Old 05-07-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats funny. My motorcycle wave is always the low wave. You would have to hang your hand out the door. Might get cold in the winter.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidwm71
I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.
A lot of bikers are jeepers too.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do the peace sign wave. Worked for me back in the 60's and still works today.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.

I wave to both jeeps and bikes, no matter which I am riding/driving. It confuses people though sometimes, people in jeeps look at me like I'm crazy when I wave to them on my bike. Bikers don't seem to care when I wave in the Jeep, as if I'm waving cause I like the bike or something.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by DoubleZero
Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.
I concur!
Old 05-08-2010, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have noticed that all the bikers around here wave to me as well if my top is down. I always wave back no matter who is waving. long live the jeep wave!

Quick Reply: Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?