Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JK Newbie

Default Jeep wave vs. Biker wave?

I was wondering, is there a different specific wave for Jeeps then a wave you would give on a bike? I have been waving to all Jeeps since I picked mine up 2 weeks ago with my normal biker wave -- kind of a three finger (middle, index and thumb) wave off to the side. Most of the waves I have received back are normal full upright hand type waves.

Thumbs up

Well. This is my third Wrangler, and I've always done the "raise four fingers off the steering wheel wave" or a peace sign. I'm also glad I've been seeing more waves since first buying the JK. I was beginning to worry for a while. I'm just very well aware that the yuppie, soccer mom types aren't in the know. Also, I think Jeep dealers have become less interested since I bought my TJ in '01. They used to give new buyers a briefing.

Either way, any wave is appreciated by most true Jeepers and might point the unknowing in the right direction. In the words of one of my co-workers that recently bought his first Jeep, "I was wondering why all these dudes were waving to me..."
    07 Unlimited Sahara
    Red Rock Crystal Pearl / Khaki

2.5" BB
    Black Rock Vipers
    295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    Supertuner Flashpaq

88 YJ Laredo
    2.5L, it was a dog!
    2" lift, 32's
    Many Memories, the Jeep that started it all
    RIP

98 TJ Sahara
    (never should have sold it)

02 Grand Cherokee Laredo -sold-

Just Empty Every Pocket

It is hard enough to get waves sometimes that I tend to make sure the wave is seen. No criptic type waves...

Keep wavin'

Pete

Thats funny. My motorcycle wave is always the low wave. You would have to hang your hand out the door. Might get cold in the winter.
    jp4fun

2010 black, 2 door, auto, hard top, bone stock

I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by davidwm71 View Post
    I notice motorcyclists wave to me in the Jeep if the top is down. Must be a "wind in your face" thing.
    A lot of bikers are jeepers too.

I do the peace sign wave. Worked for me back in the 60's and still works today.
    "And with one Voice, the People may express the grateful feelings of their hearts, and consecrate themselves to the service of their Divine Benefactor, to afford His blessing on the Governments of these States respectively, and prosper the public council of the whole with that Wisdom and Fortitude which may render them fit Instruments, under the Providence of Almighty God, to secure for these United States, the greatest of all human blessings, Independence and Peace."

www.pafoa.org

Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.

I wave to both jeeps and bikes, no matter which I am riding/driving. It confuses people though sometimes, people in jeeps look at me like I'm crazy when I wave to them on my bike. Bikers don't seem to care when I wave in the Jeep, as if I'm waving cause I like the bike or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleZero View Post
    Low wave on the bike, but in the Jeep I usually just pop my hand up off the steearing wheel for a quick wave, unless I'm doorless, in which case a low wave works too.
    I concur!

I have noticed that all the bikers around here wave to me as well if my top is down. I always wave back no matter who is waving. long live the jeep wave!
    Jenna
    09 Sahara*Deep Water Blue*315/75R16 Mickey Thompson MTZ*Procomp Series 52 Rims*OME 2.5" Lift*Interior Line-X*Superwinch LP10,000*Benchmark Designs Oil Pan & Evap Skid*Bushwacker Flat Flares*ORE Rock Rails & Trail Table*TMR Front Bumper*LOD Shorty Rear Bumper*4 Hella 500 Lights*JKS Quicker Disconnects*ARB Air Compressor*Tuffy Underseat Drawer*SeatGlovers*Cobra75wxst*Firestick*Daystar Dash Panel*Grill Mod*Mirror Mod

11. Default JK-Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast