Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave

Old 11-30-2016, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
I'm going to admit. More stock JKs don't wave than anything. It almost makes me not want to wave but I do out of respect for the Jeep not the driver.
Believe it or not where I live I get way more stock JK waves than the modded JK waves. Out here there is almost a small group of modded JK's that think they are better than everyone and don't wave at all, instead they'll look you directly in the eye and adamantly snub you.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dahreno
According to the point system, I shouldn't even be talking to you people ! lol
Haha that made me laugh!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Hahaha so i built my first jeep at 15 1997 tj sport and my first day driving it all these jeeps where giving me waves i had no idea why hahaha. Any way down the road i figured out what a jeep wave was i have had tons ever since.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Where I'm at, tons of JKs/JKUs. It's like the unofficial county vehicle. I'm new to the Jeep family, but I find myself usually 1 or 2 fingers off the wheel waving at Wranglers if nothing else. Most wave back, there's a few that don't. Only 70k people in the whole county and I drive the 1 highway twice a day to work and back, so I see the same ones a lot.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Catch myself waving from behind the wheel of my wife's BMW. A couple get it and wave back
Old 12-22-2016, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default this waving thing brought me back

i used to do it when i was in Ireland, everyone did when you let someone by they did a little handwave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ilzH2LG6Ic
Old 12-25-2016, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

[SUB][/SUB]
Originally Posted by WineCountryWheeler
Catch myself waving from behind the wheel of my wife's BMW. A couple get it and wave back
I do the same thing when driving other vehicles! And you're right, a few do get it; usually a wave followed by laughter...
Old 12-26-2016, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SilverJeepAdventures
I've had my Jeep for a little over 4 months and love every minute of it. Since owning my Jeep I've come to realize there isn't just one way other Jeepers wave to each other. I've gotten the standard three finger wave, the three finger wave out the window/door, the full hand wave, the hover wave where they wave with a hand off the wheel, I've gotten a fist bump, a head nod, two handed wave on the wheel and I've even gotten a night wave which was a special moment. So I guess what I want to know is how many different ways have you been waved at?
I've had my jeep for about 2 weeks and pass several jeeps in New Mexico and have sadly only gotten ONE jeep wave. I was all excited to wave at different jeeps when I got mine, but I guess the people in NM that I've seen aren't proud Jeep owners..
Old 12-27-2016, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dangrega33
I've had my jeep for about 2 weeks and pass several jeeps in New Mexico and have sadly only gotten ONE jeep wave. I was all excited to wave at different jeeps when I got mine, but I guess the people in NM that I've seen aren't proud Jeep owners..
Down here in the city of the crosses 50/50 chance.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

I am in Southern California and 3/4 of the people don't return the wave. Back up in Washington State everyone knows of and returns the wave. I personally do the 2 finger wave with my hand on the steering wheel. Really hate it when they don't return the wave!!

Quick Reply: The Jeep (Wrangler) Wave