Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeepin' with Judd Bartow FL

Old 01-20-2016, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeepin' with Judd Bartow FL

Hey guys! Anyone else going to Jeepin' with Judd in Bartow Feb 5-7. The inaugural event was last year and this year it looks like it's going to be even better.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Grady had one of the best soundbites I ever heard on the news a few years ago. They were chasing a cop killer and they caught him in the woods. The news reporter was interviewing Grady after the event and asked him why the guy had been shot like 67 times (I forget the actual number) and Grady, without hesitation, said "that's all the bullets we had".
Old 01-20-2016, 02:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya he's great. There was another man hunt a few years later and when they asked him again about the guy being shot so many times he said " because we ran out of bullets."
Old 01-20-2016, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too bad he threw in with the gun ban lobby when he was president of the Florida Sheriff's Association. He got his ass handed to him in his hat by Marion Hammer over that. At least it tipped everyone off over the disposition of the FL SA.
Old 01-20-2016, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue
Too bad he threw in with the gun ban lobby when he was president of the Florida Sheriff's Association. He got his ass handed to him in his hat by Marion Hammer over that. At least it tipped everyone off over the disposition of the FL SA.
Really? He doesn't seem anti gun. I had no idea. Now I see him a little differently. And I've donated to the FL SA for the past 10 years. Go figure.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Really? He doesn't seem anti gun. I had no idea. Now I see him a little differently. And I've donated to the FL SA for the past 10 years. Go figure.
He comes across as mostly pro-gun, but when push comes to shove, he and the FL SA has gone against gun friendly legislation. He even open low-mouthed Marion Hammer in 2014 when he was president of that association claiming she said things she didn't say and she openly called him on it. The current open carry bill is opposed by the SA and the Sheriff's voted that way by secrete ballot. About 10 of the Sheriff's went against it and he wasn't one of them. Ironically, the Florida Chiefs support the bill. Judd is one of those "I support the 2nd Ammmendment, but . . ." folks. He is in lock step with Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee, Pinellas County Sheriff Jim Coats, about being against open carry etc. They were activists against it and the emergency evacuation bills.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri threatens to shoot concealed carriers - The Gun Writer

Sheriff Ivey (Brevard County), Sheriff Frank McKeithen and Sheriff Nick Finch (Liberty County) and the late Larry Campbell (Leon County) are openly pro-2nd A with there actions as they come. Judd on the other hand has talked one way but when it comes times he sides with the gun ban lobby. He has hinted at running for governor all though he may have been joking.

Sheriff McKeithen

McKeithen blasts vote on open carry - News - Panama City News Herald - Panama City, FL

Sheriff Ivey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mv9PuvgG0w&feature=youtu.be Grady Judd and the top cops in Polk County on the other hand:

http://www.theledger.com/article/201...NEWS/151119803

http://www.flsheriffs.org/newsroom/e...ppose-open-car

Last edited by Blue; 01-20-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Headed over for at least one of the days. Going to try and do sat and sun if my schedule allows

Quick Reply: Jeepin' with Judd Bartow FL