Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK 07 ATS 42RLE Acting Crazy

Old 10-28-2014, 12:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK 07 ATS 42RLE Acting Crazy

Good Day peeps;
I’m a new member of JK Forum - I have been Driving jeeps since I got my license - Wrangler Sahara 1992 - Jeep Cherokee 2001 - and Now 2D JK wrangler 2007
I do the JK service and additional works in some friends Garages and I rarely visit Our Dealer in Qatar - its Sucks

Recently my Transmission started acting weird, reverse gear connects but does not respond to the acceleration paddle.
2nd issue my car power dies at RPM 1.5 - 2 and with continues shocks and disconnects - i have done the key diagnose - keeps giving me Oxygen Sensor - i replaced them all still the same issue. I diagnosed it at the dealer they advised to change the car computer

Any advises

Might be the Transmission Body Valve - Clutches !!
Old 10-28-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

When you say it doesn't respond to the accelerator pedal, do you mean the JK engine doesn't respond, or do you mean the engine turns faster, but the JK doesn't move?

If the engine responds, but the JK doesn't move, have you checked the transmission fluid level, with engine/transmission warm and idling, and the lever in either Park or Neutral?

The "shocks and disconnects" part of it is interesting. Can you describe that in a little more detail?
Old 10-28-2014, 11:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
When you say it doesn't respond to the accelerator pedal, do you mean the JK engine doesn't respond, or do you mean the engine turns faster, but the JK doesn't move?

If the engine responds, but the JK doesn't move, have you checked the transmission fluid level, with engine/transmission warm and idling, and the lever in either Park or Neutral?

The "shocks and disconnects" part of it is interesting. Can you describe that in a little more detail?

Yes, the engine respond, RPM goes up to 3 or 4 while the gear lever on reverse, but note when I move the lever to from Park or neutral to reverse without any acceleration, the car reverses for half meter very slow. Fluid level correct, clean, and no metal shreds.
Concerning "shocks and disconnects" – on RPM 1.5-2 it feels like electrical wiring leakage – I have changed all spark plugs, plugs wiring - oxygen sensors – checked all PCM wiring for any leakage – nothing!!
I have doubt concerning the engine electricity alternator, or injections of the engine –
Note im first owner of the car - free of accidents and the mileage on the car right now is 155,000 Miles
Old 10-29-2014, 07:44 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were several cases of people having issues with the ATS torque converter. I would start my research there.

Quick Reply: JK 07 ATS 42RLE Acting Crazy